Achtung Mosquito!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I can only give the Humbrol numbers, for matt enamel, which are Red 60 and Blue 25. Both will probably need a spot of black to get to the correct shade; a bit of testing should crack it.

Nice looking model Jan. Just little more and will be finished. That's interesting camouflage and markings. I'm not to familiar with Mosquito's service with BOAC, though. Was Mosquito used for flights from UK to Sweden during wartime?

I LOVE it mate! 8)

The underwing Red/White/Blue stripes are not meant to mach up exactly I assume? (just wondering for when I eventually build one)

Igor, I'll answer on Jan's behalf. BOAC used Hudsons, and then Mosquitos on the flight from Scotland to Sweden, both types being unarmed and carrying civilian registrations. Ostensibly, as Sweden was neutral, these were classed as normal civilain flights, although the aircraft did somerimes come under attack. They were supposed to be delivering and collecting 'diplomatic material', but the flights were also used to deliver representatives to discuss arms purchase, and to collect vital materials, such as ball bearings, which led to the term 'ball bearing run' being used. The Mosquitos also collected S.O.E. agents and Resistance workers, mainly coming via Sweden from Denmark and Norway. The Mossies were equipped with a two-place 'stretcher' arrangement in the bomb bay, and the occupants were supplied with flying clothing, sleeping bags and oxygen masks, together with a vaccum flask of hot tea, or coffee or soup.
Not a particularly comfortable way to travel, and certainly not for those suffering from claustrophobia!

Terry thanks for explanation and info. That's interesting chapter in Mosquito's operational history. I must say I'm not surprised for Mosquito being used for this type of operations due to its high performance, but I'm not sure I would like to try that ride in the bomb bay myself. :D

Jan the model loos really great. To be honest these decals had to be a pain, didn't they?
Anyway the "struggle" against them was finisged with a success.:thumbleft.

I'm sure a man of your abilities will be able to rectify the problem, old chap! Have a dram or two, and think about it....

Got the book, got new decals (hopefully better)....
Found her....
Just needs a wee clean, well....

IMG_20211109_140615.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back