Ahmadinejad refuses to rule out nuclear weapons.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think Maestro though, that one bomb as said before isn't an arsenal. So Israel will blown Iran off the map with no necessary help.

Still, I doubt the UN will do anything about trying to stop this escaluation until it literally comes up and bites them in the a@@.

Yeah... Just like the good ol' SDN with Hitler.

"Hitler can't rearm, he doesn't have the right to..."

*Poland falls*

"Hitler has rearmed ! We must do something !"

*Holland falls*
*Belgium falls*
*France falls*

Last edited:
The UN is worthless and corrupt. Don't expect them to do anything that would be for the good of the world. They have too many agendas that are often anti-west. One only needs to have seen the highlight reel from this weeks UN love-fest to see that nothing is really going to happen aside from lip service. The UN provided a global stage for despots like Ahmadinejad and Ghaddafi.

I wish we would have launched a second strike on Libya when we had a chance. While strike 1 shut Ghaddafi up for a while, he's back, and just as venomous. Erich, your velodrome needs an annex.

Nearly all the western nations are saying that the UN is outdated and so cumbersome as to be unworkable. Our PM has been pushing to transfer international fiscal management to the G-20. Everyone is saying that the UN cannot do its job anymore.

I never had much faith in the UN, but short of running around bullying everyone with regional agreements, and the rule of the gun, I cannot see a viable alternative soon. Perhaps running the world affairs from the G-20 is the best alternative, as it is these tin pot nothing countries that cause most of the problem. Even though ther have been disagrements with Russia, France and the like, these are at least dialogues. Gaddafi and Im a nut job dont want constructive dialogue. I thihnk the best way to deal with these suckers is to not deal with these suckers....even if that means paying more for oil. These guys need us more than we need them. And a for "police actions" or "peacekeeping", the G-20 nations provide 99% of the resources anyway, so who cares about these tin pot countries

I don't think that the situation warrants running around yelling, 'The sky is falling! the sky is falling!", just yet... It's not 1939, Iran is not Nazi Germany, and Ahmadinejad is not Hitler, hyperbole to the contrary.

Ahmadinejad does not rule Iran with an iron fist, and even if he did, it does not follow that he would act in accordance with his vitriolic rhetoric. The leaders of the Islamic countries are a cynical bunch, but they are not generally fools. They know what plays well with their audience, but they also know that Israel serves their political ends far better by its existence than it would by being destroyed. Israel is the one thing that unifies the deep division between the Sunnis and the Shiites. It also serves as a useful scapegoat for diverting the frustration and anger of their miserable citizens. The mob marching in the streets screaming their hatred against the Zionists is a mob that is not screaming for the heads of their leaders...

The Israelis are well aware of the progress of the Iranian nuclear program. They also have the means at their disposal to render it ineffective. That they have not attempted to do so strongly suggests that they do not believe that the possible threat is commensurate with what it would cost them, both politically and militarily, to neutralize it. The Iranian leadership is also aware of this. So they bluster on as ever, successfully impressing the Muslim masses with their defiant rhetoric.

"Much sound and fury, signifying nothing"...

JL

Actually Irans' hands are very bloody with Jewish and American blood. They are the leading state sponsor of terrorism and have been linked to thousands of murders since 1984, when the US State Department recognized them as a leading sponsor of terrorism. They train, fund, and arm Hezbollah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, as well as the insurgency in Iraq. Are these the type of people that need nuclear weapons? If they are allowed to produce nukes, I can almost guarentee that those who could have stopped them will one day wish they did.

This point in history is not unlike many other times in the past where the politicians make deals and screw each other in the back while the people on the street only see what's supposed to be seen.

And in the end, after the smoke clears and the bodies are counted, the finger pointing begins...

Been this way for thousands of years and since people never learn from the past, I figure it'll keep going on until we push humanity into extinction...

"Much sound and fury, signifying nothing"...

I don't think so... Islamic revolution is what put Ahmadi-douchebag's party to power. Members of that party are all conservative Muslims (AKA Islamists or even Jihadists).

Jihadists consider any acts of killing as worth the price as long as the name of Allah is pronounced. In other words, they are mad with God as much as Europeans dictators were mad with power.

Can you thrust a mad man ? No.
Can you thrust a mad man who's greatest fantasy is to destroy the West ? No.
Can you thrust a mad man who's greatest fantasy is to destroy the West and who believes that 72 virgins are waiting for him in heaven if he gives his life for Allah ? F*CK, NO !

Last edited:
So now you can read minds? Sorry, but I suspect otherwise...

You don't know what those Iranians are thinking. Or what they want. All you're really doing is drawing inferences from what the media reports. And given the general attitude towards the veracity of the media I see here, I'm somewhat mystified by your uncritical acceptance of their 'biased' reporting in this matter. Just as I am by your use of capitalized expletives. Do you really think that it adds support to your argument?

The members of the Iranian regime are not interested in the promised virgins and a chance to meet Allah. Or at least not right now. That's for the chumps they cynically deliver up to Allah... If a martyr's suicide is all it would take to achieve their goals, doncha think that they would have already taken the easy route? Since they haven't, perhaps what they really want to accomplish is something more down to earth. Like change the world to match how it ought'a be. At least from their perspective...Sound familiar?

Again, Ahmadinejad is not a dictator. His power is shared. Shared with the same people who are quite happy to deal with the Israelis when it serves their interests to do so. Or have you forgotten 'Iran-Contra'? They may hate Israel, and do what they can to inflict injury upon her people, but only so far as they can get away with without suffering too much damage in return. They are pragmatists. Hateful, bigoted pragmatists, but pragmatists all the same. Sure, they want nukes, but just because they want them, it does not follow that they want to use them. Esp if by doing so can only lead, as they well know, to their utter destruction. It's a matter of honor and prestige as much as anything else. They certainly won't sacrifice themselves, 72 virgins or not, for the sake of the Palestinians. Hell, they don't even like the Palestinians -certainly not the Sunni majority. All they care about is what the Palestinians symbolize.

Get a grip, pal. It ain't Armeggedon quite yet.

Of course I can't read minds... But are you gonna wait until they strike to act ? Just like the French at the Maginot line in 1940 ? Because, if you didn't know, nukes are not like the German Blitzkrieg, they are way faster and more destructive.

Ahmadinedjad is not a dictator ?!? :shock: Hey, breaking news guys !

For sure he is not a dictator technically speaking, he was elected (in a very doubtful way, remember the riots of last summer), but he still rule the country as he (and his little Islamist friends) wants it. His power is shared just like Hitler's power was shared with the Nazi Party.

By the way, do you know that Heavy Metal music is illegal in Iran ? And that just having long hair and wearing a black t-shirt makes the Iranian authorities believe that you are a Satanist ? You can be thrown in jail just for doing one of the following (taken from the documentary Global Metal) :

- Possessing heavy metal records
- Selling heavy metal records
- Having long hair and wearing a black t-shirt
- Painting/drawing graffitis of heavy metal bands (i.e. Metallica or Slayer)
- Satanism

If we look at things that are not linked to heavy metal, the following can get you in jail/stoned to death :

- A wife cheating on her husband
- A girl having sex before wedding
- Demonstartions/riots
- A woman sueing a rapist without having a male witness of the act (like if that would be easy to find)

So Iran is not a dictatorship ? Think again.

Of course I can't read minds... But are you gonna wait until they strike to act ? Just like the French at the Maginot line in 1940 ? Because, if you didn't know, nukes are not like the German Blitzkrieg, they are way faster and more destructive.

Ahmadinedjad is not a dictator ?!? :shock: Hey, breaking news guys !

For sure he is not a dictator technically speaking, he was elected (in a very doubtful way, remember the riots of last summer), but he still rule the country as he (and his little Islamist friends) wants it. His power is shared just like Hitler's power was shared with the Nazi Party.

By the way, do you know that Heavy Metal music is illegal in Iran ? And that just having long hair and wearing a black t-shirt makes the Iranian authorities believe that you are a Satanist ? You can be thrown in jail just for doing one of the following (taken from the documentary Global Metal) :

- Possessing heavy metal records
- Selling heavy metal records
- Having long hair and wearing a black t-shirt
- Painting/drawing graffitis of heavy metal bands (i.e. Metallica or Slayer)
- Satanism

If we look at things that are not linked to heavy metal, the following can get you in jail/stoned to death :

- A wife cheating on her husband
- A girl having sex before wedding
- Demonstartions/riots
- A woman sueing a rapist without having a male witness of the act (like if that would be easy to find)

So Iran is not a dictatorship ? Think again.

Just to point something out, those are not necessarily policies of a dictatorship. Any government can enact such laws. It has nothing to do with being a dictatorship.

Iran is not a dictatorship per say. While I agree that it is pretty much one, because I believe the elections were a farce which makes it a defacto dictatorship, on paper it is not.

Now that is interesting. I went to the Al Jazeera site to see what they had to say about it, but there was nothing yet.

Can't wait to see what the Iranians have to say about having a Jew in charge...:lol:

JL

Is being jewish a religious or racial question? Hands up nazis. If his parents converted to Islam and he accepted their faith then he is surely a muslim.
I notice this appeared in the Daily Telegraph, a newspaper not unknown for printing ...erm... planted stories, true or not.
We should beware of double standards. We hardly went mad with rage when Vanunu revealed Israel's nuclear weapons program but then most of our western governments had (illegally) helped them with it and obviously therefore had known about it all along. He blew the whistle on them as much as the Israelis.

I think it's more of the rhetoric then anything else. If Israel and sworn to wipe off a Muslim country off the map I'm sure there would have been some serious concern when they had gotten the weapon- just as if any Western country had done the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back