AIRFIX 1/48 Bf109F

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You don't need to reduce anything. Both pics are of the 1/48 scale and ready to print. Just download both of them and click on each of thme with the RMB and choose the print option. Unless you use the Irfanview . So open one of them with the Irfanview by clicking on a pic twice with the LMB and then hit the CTRL and P keys together. In the new open window you may be forced to set cm or mm instead of inches for correct printing. Then print it.

BTW what a graphic program do you use?

I use Irfanview and Paint.NET depending on my mood.

Geo

My pleasure...

Aha.. Irfanview and Paint... I see. The Paint should have been forbidden soft. I have never see a such gniot as it is.

I agree with Wayne. The name should be of yellow rather. It can be seen in one of these pictures on the first page of the thread. I haven't noticed that. :oops:

Added some brake lines to the landing gear.

001.JPG

And now a small victory. Test fitting the wings to their respective fuselage halves and realizing, after about 10 minutes, that I am going to have to deal with some whacking great gaps on the bottom, I put the parts down and grabbed the ICM box to study the paint scheme. Now, I have done this about 3 times over the past week but today something caught my eye. I stared at it for a bit and then looked at the decal sheet for probably 20 seconds and that's when I finally saw this....

002.JPG

My extreme thanks to Wojtek for putting in the effort to set me up with a printable version of the decal and Wayne, for his offer to supply the decal.

Geo

Innards are mounted and the rear of the fuselage is glued together.

004.JPG
007.JPG

Landing gear finished.

012.JPG

As mentioned earlier, Airfix would have one mount the armor too far forward so I filed off the mount, drilled and inserted wire.(I know its not centered, but I got tired of puncturing my thumb with the scalpel making pilot holes so I took the best ones). To line up the wire to where the holes in the bulkhead(?) will be, I'll put silver paint on the ends of the wires, touch the bulkhead(?) and hopefully, voila!!

013.JPG
014.JPG

Geo

Glad you found the decal Geo.

If it matters to you, the 109's flexible brake hose made a complete loop rather than just a bend - for next time:

08.jpg

Good stuff Geo.
Not quite sure what the wires on the head armour are for?
The armour was fixed to the bottom frame of the canopy, with support brackets from the rear to the side frames of the canopy.

I agree with Terry on the mount of the armour plate. It was attached to the cockpit conopy. Also these wheel hubs should be of black colour rather but not of the RLM02.

Regarding the brake lines... these can come in handy.

07.jpg

08.jpg

schowek02lp.jpg

wykbf109.jpg

d131.jpg

d146.jpg

d144.jpg

ham.jpg
schowek02ae.jpg

Thanks Wojtek. I've built 3 other 109's and they all mentioned semi-gloss black for the hubs. I have no idea what I was thinking. Tail wheel was 02, yes?

arrgh.jpg

With regards to the armor plate, Airfix has it located too far forward so I'm just moving it back about 3mm. As there is no provision to mount the plate to the canopy, I inserted some wire into the plated, drilled holes, and am mounting it thusly, hoping for the illusion that it is mounted to the canopy.

002.JPG
003.JPG

Off to repaint some hubs and figure out what I'm going to do about the upper cowl halves. Initial trial fitting reveals so much sad.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back