Airfix 1:72 scale Blohm Voss BV-141

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice model you/you'll have there it should look good and 'pertty' when done 8)

Later Bv.141's, that were still flown durring the war sometimes had due to a lack of original engine parts, had an older/earlier BMW Fw190 or Ju88 motor fitted, or it was an BMW 132 from an Bv's single engined twin float plane - the RAF had a flight worthy 141 for many years post war, until I believe it was scraped due to lack of engine spares and airframe wear n' tear.

I have a Flypast mag, from last year or 2010 (it has a Bf109E (or an F), a yellow band on the front cover) with a short writeup on the Bv - apparaently, it could fly circles on 'one wing' tighly steadily for as long as needed if be (to starboard/right) and that despite its asymetrical layout, the RAF test pilot ; I happen forgot his name, but I do remember he's was famous for testing many enemy A/C, found its flight qualities very nice and well suited to its role and definitively proved the concept of its designer.
I think it was eventually scrapped in the mid or late 50's - so it likely to be burried - unless 'recycled', at one of the those 'forgotten' RAF/MOD burrial sites that are starting to reappear in the news here for possible enviro' contamination reasons/fears.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. My father in law passed away in February ( I've mentioned him here before, he was a WWII Vet. ) Last month my mother in law had a stroke and isn't doing well. Having a hobby I enjoy helps keep my mind off things !

Well here is an update, got some time this past weekend and sorted out the engine. I'm sort of in the same boat as I was with the JU-86 in that there isn't a ton of reliable info or pics. A lot of the pictures I have found show the exhaust pipes exposed, some there is no evidence of the pipes, perhaps different versions. Also, the Bramo 123 engine, couldn't find any pics but from what I understand was very similar to the BMW engine and was actually produced by BMW by the early 40's. Here's some pics, I've also decided I need to upgrade from 2X to 3X reading glasses or switch to a bigger scale !

Superb work, especially in 1/72nd scale!
If it's any consolation, I need either new reading glasses, or better eyes too - and I work in 1/48th and larger scales!

Well here we go with the interior. Again, there is a lack of pics on the net as to exactly how the interior appeared so I'm going to have to take a few liberties here and there.

Really nice kit all in all but of all the dozens and dozens of 1:72 Airfix kit's I have built this has bar none the worst set of clear plastic ever ! I made a mold of it. I'm going to try and replicate it with something thinner and clearer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread