Airfix 1:72 scale Blohm Voss BV-141

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice work indeed. And you should be pleased - I would be happy with that result in 1/48th or even 1/32nd scale, never mind 1/72nd scale, on such an old kit!
You've done a great job moulding the transparencies, and fitting them, and the engine detail is really well done. Congratulations, and looking forward to seeing the end result.

Some final pictures' I went easy on the weathering because lets face it, I doubt a lot of these racked up any serious hours.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the positive comments and encouragement. Considering what a meager kit it was I had a lot of fun building it until I got down to trying to learn how to vacu form my own glazing. Ran into numerous problems with fitting it to the fuselage. I have given up on modeling putty in favour of fibreglass filler ( bondo) which I used on this. Lost track of how many canopies I made but after 5 disastrous attempts to fasted the canopy to the fuselage I almost gave up. Tried all kinds of glue as well with no luck and ended up using crazy glue which I don't like using. I'm pretty happy with it.

Just went thru this whole thread, BW. You did an outstanding job on this plane. I'm impressed with the clear plastic work you did. Well done, Mate.

Charles

Thanks all for the good feedback. I'm pretty pleased with it as well. I would say though, for a first attempt at forming my own canopies I should have picked something a bit less challenging. I sure wasted a lot of plastic !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread