An Old Temple in my Neighbourhood

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shinpachi

I visited a temple when I was there but as I didnt know the customs I felt like an intruder

here is something that may surprise you

http://www.vrscarborough.co.uk/virtual-scarborough-tour/source/2040-japanese-garden.html

heres some info

Peasholm Park is an oriental themed municipal park located in the seaside town of Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England. It opened in 1912 and became a favourite venue for galas, displays and exhibitions.

Last edited:
Nice Japanese garden in UK, TEC.
It's amazing, really.

Mine is Shitennoji temple located in Osaka City, Night Fighter Nut.
Thanks!

PA060177RM.jpg

All original buildings have been burnt down except the stone structures since its first built in 593. Most of those we can see today are restored ones after the ww2 but this Rokuji-do building has survived four hundreds years.

PA060188M.jpg

PA060198S.jpg

Nice Japanese garden in UK, TEC.
It's amazing, really.

Shinpachi

Many of the old victorian holiday towns have Japanese or Oriental Gardens, at that time it was like disneyland today, something different and interesting.

Another thing I found interesting, Japanese generally like European "Impressionist" paintings but really that is no surprise because the impressionists were influenced by Japanese and Chinese art on goods delivered to Europe.

Shinpachi

Many of the old victorian holiday towns have Japanese or Oriental Gardens, at that time it was like disneyland today, something different and interesting.

Another thing I found interesting, Japanese generally like European "Impressionist" paintings but really that is no surprise because the impressionists were influenced by Japanese and Chinese art on goods delivered to Europe.

Yes, I like Monet as you point out.
Norman Rockwell is also my favorite though:)

Turner sounds good here too.

I liked to paint very much when I was a teenager but my work was always so real that not welcomed.
I turned into photo, machine engineer and 3d cg later:)

Turner sounds good here too.

I liked to paint very much when I was a teenager but my work was always so real that not welcomed.
I turned into photo, machine engineer and 3d cg later:)

Great watercolour painters annoy me, from a distance it is so real you can feel it, move a little closer and its just a few marks on the paper ...A real skill and trick of the eye.

Thanks for your comments GG and TEC:)

Here are some more pics of the Rokuji-do.
A monk was eating pizza for his quick lunch behind the building:shock:

Rokuji-do04.jpg

Rokuji-do03.jpg

Rokuji-do02.jpg

I thought they looked familiar. Great photos Shinpachi san! :)

"In 1949, when Hugh O'Reilly and the other Wolfhounds began assisting the Holy Family orphanage, they simply saw a need and tried to help. That simple act was the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship that has lasted continuously over thirty years"...LTC Frederick Peters, Commander, 1st Battalion, 27th Infantry, October 1981."

Holy Family Home

I'm going to visit the Holy Family Home you kindly introduced in the future too, Night Fighter Nut:)
I have located the place recently.
It was a good story.
Thanks.

I'm glad too you are glad, Night Fighter Nut.
It took me half a year to locate it but it was worth the time.

Well, this is one of the buildings in the temple to condole with ancestors.
I like this building honestly because it reminds me of a traditional residence style of Edo era( 1603-1868 ).

PA060170M.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back