...and All is alright with the World.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I grew up in the rural part of Orange county, we have farms and ranches nearby, so I know pretty much what the "real country" smells like...but years later, we took a trip back to Illinois so my Stepdad could take care of some family business. As we passed through Iowa where there were pig-farms as far as the eye could see, and there was this hideous stench.

I said "wtf is that smell?"

My Stepdad replied "that's the smell of money, boy..." :lol:
A chicken coop smells ten times worse than a hog pen any day.

Wheels

In the series My Kitchen Rules here in Oz, bacon baked with a maple syrup glaze!!!!!!!!!!

Whodayathink?

Attachments

• maple-bacon.jpg
    maple-bacon.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 117
Coffee is the silent partner to Tea in what was our rising, and assists in the headache of its sinking...

Not the same I'm afraid, No empire was built on coffee old bean :)-)), Tea, the national loaf,rum gin, bovril and the humble potato has sustained generations of victorious Britons.
But, most of all its a pleasant drink that if one should refuse the offer of a cuppa, you would be considered a subversive, a dog hater, or worse of all.. foreign.

Perhaps Immigration policy should include 'tea drinking' as well as being able to sing all the verses of 'God save the Queen'...

I am led to believe different, while tea drinking and tea are/were certainly central to our ethos or esprit d'corps, coffee very much helped fuel our expansion in trade, from around 1624-ish?, in the dealings in the and around the mechant houses of London and eventually other trading cities after it was introduced into England by an immigrated gentry and his Turkish manservant whom brought the bitter broth with him - hence why the earliest original coffee shops had a shop sign with a turks head upon them, before they became just haberdasheries 100's of years later.

The original java fuelled boom kicked off after the birth of the 1600's, following the sugar and slave, spice and early bond stock trading markets, it only suffered during the civil war where some saw the coffee as a demon drink - it kept there men awake and away conducting business instead of attainding to their marritous duties.

It was said in a similar manner..
'..to taste foule and bitter, forthough hath envigorated its drinkers unto discourse and harnessed energies, banishing tiredness and other ills, lending to their action.'

Forgive some of my middle english spellings - been reading too many of them lately..... but doth do not they add a texture to one scribings :)

Last edited:
Mmm, Bacon! Chihuahuas, Fightin' Ostriches, Rubber Ducks, and now ... bacon. Minor League Baseball certainly smells a little more delicious today.

The Talk - The Philadelphia Inquirer

The Lehigh Valley IronPigs, the International League club of your Philadelphia Phillies, have cooked up some savory insignia for their 2014 uniforms - strips of bacon.

Mmm, bacon.

The new unis are for Saturday home games. They feature a porcine strip across silver and blue caps and in the flourish that underscores the words "Pigs" on the red jerseys.

The piping that runs on the outside of the pant legs are bacon as well.

This IS the team that last year introduced a Urinal Gaming System to professional baseball.

Ironpigs, mmm, I wonder... if they play against a team of person that see pigs as dirty/devil animals, they'd win due to forfit, nice strategy to get highr in the rankings - mind-due, gives a reason for the crowd to shout 'pigs' without worry of law enforcement raising their trigger fingers, just an eyebrow instread.

Urinal Gaming System? ..well it sounds like the owe rockstar games for inspiring them from the 'End Zone' radio skit... oh wait, it that UGS for the players rather than the stadium seated public?

Coffee is the silent partner to Tea in what was our rising, and assists in the headache of its sinking...

I am led to believe different, while tea drinking and tea are/were certainly central to our ethos or esprit d'corps, coffee very much helped fuel our expansion in trade, from around 1624-ish?, in the dealings in the and around the mechant houses of London and eventually other trading cities after it was introduced into England by an immigrated gentry and his Turkish manservant whom brought the bitter broth with him - hence why the earliest original coffee shops had a shop sign with a turks head upon them, before they became just haberdasheries 100's of years later.

The original java fuelled boom kicked off after the birth of the 1600's, following the sugar and slave, spice and early bond stock trading markets, it only suffered during the civil war where some saw the coffee as a demon drink - it kept there men awake and away conducting business instead of attainding to their marritous duties.

It was said in a similar manner..
'..to taste foule and bitter, forthough hath envigorated its drinkers unto discourse and harnessed energies, banishing tiredness and other ills, lending to their action.'

Forgive some of my middle english spellings - been reading too many of them lately..... but doth do not they add a texture to one scribings :)

Fortunately we soon saw the error of our ways. Partly because servants could sell used tea leaves to the lesser folk whereas used coffee grounds are only useful as fertiliser.

Poor old chocolate fell by the wayside but it was coffee's principal opponent at one time. Presumably only the Aztecs built an empire on chocolate. Tearing out living hearts. That is what happens when you don't have tea. Be warned.........

Or Chinese '1000 year (old) Egg' a un-shelled pickled egg thats 'aged' in straw for 6 months or more... the white ends up a cola colour, and the yolk goes Volkswagon snot green.

I didn't pluck up the courage to eat it after I smelt it, when offered one years back by a Guandong-ian friend uni of mine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back