B5N2,, KATE 1/33 scale (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Boats - that's amazing stuff. I've seen the way Wojtek makes wheels, with laminations of card, all good stuff!

Ahoy
Tnanks Terry for your reply sir, Well fellas she is finished all i had to do is a little here and there and she is finished. I tried to have her dine in enough time to take her outside for some good pix but the days now are getting shorter by the minute oldman winter is on its way out here that means some serious model building . doing some touch up here and there the more i look at it I find something needs touched up she looks all polished up now I have a few pictures i just took of her being done along with canopy construction and the propeller. here are the pixs tommorow I will post tyhe finished product on the finished kits forum board.

Boats

Attachments

• PICT0037.JPG
    PICT0037.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 95
  • PICT0038.JPG
    PICT0038.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 90
  • PICT0039.JPG
    PICT0039.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 112
  • PICT0040.JPG
    PICT0040.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 104
  • PICT0041.JPG
    PICT0041.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 86
  • PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 91
  • PICT0043.JPG
    PICT0043.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 96
  • PICT0044.JPG
    PICT0044.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 90
  • PICT0045.JPG
    PICT0045.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 92
  • PICT0046.JPG
    PICT0046.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 90
  • PICT0047.JPG
    PICT0047.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 109
  • PICT0048.JPG
    PICT0048.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 87
  • PICT0049.JPG
    PICT0049.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 92
  • PICT0050.JPG
    PICT0050.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 84
  • PICT0051.JPG
    PICT0051.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 93
  • PICT0052.JPG
    PICT0052.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 94
  • PICT0053.JPG
    PICT0053.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 85
Ahoy
I dont know how my steelguitar got into the picture but its another hobby i do to relax the only darn good thing about it it sounds good. LOLlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Maybe i,ll build a card model of a steelguitar with wings and undercarriage.

Boats

He.... usually music is useful when making models. It can prevent us against throwing by a window a model under construction that made us teed off. :lol:

The Kate looks very good.

I agree there - very nice indeed!
Wonder if I could play a steel guitar? I used to play the guitar, for about 40 years, until my left hand decided to stop working! Miss playing, but that steel has given me an idea!

I agree there - very nice indeed!
Wonder if I could play a steel guitar? I used to play the guitar, for about 40 years, until my left hand decided to stop working! Miss playing, but that steel has given me an idea!

Ahoy Terry
Thank you Buddy, HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm all it needs is a set of wings a prop and she is good to go, LOLlllllll dont know how I got it in here but I guess everyone likes it. Been playing steel scince I was a child, I had a few bands at one time I use play with being 71 years old kind of put a damper on that. I horse around on it ionce a while just to keep me in playing shape. Thankjs Terry for the reply on my KAtE I hope today will clear up so I can take some good finished pictures of her. Thabnks Terry and all the fellas.

Boats

That's a great job on the card plane. I've never heard of these until just this year. How do you find them?

Ahoy Night Fighter
Thank you for the reply on My KATE card modeling has been arounbd for centurys first introduced in Europe and still is once upon a time it was very popular here in the U.S.A but at the event of balsa wood and plastic kits they faded out no damand for them anymore BUTtt there are on there way back with the Skyrocketing porices of plastic and resinb kits has forced a lot of us modlers back into card modeling. I,m retired from the nave serving 30 years my naval pension cant suppoort plastic i knew was going to happen 40 years ago for the past 46 years of my life i am now 71 years young Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I have a vast collection in my stash for my retirement builds. NOw to obtain card models this is the place. Paper Model Store they have a large section of card model ships artillery aircraft cheap too, Here is another picture of my Kate hanging over my head.

Boats

Attachments

• PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 84
love your work,i've been looking at paper/card models myself but as of yet i've not had the guts to try one even though Chris my wife bought me a book on them,

love your work,i've been looking at paper/card models myself but as of yet i've not had the guts to try one even though Chris my wife bought me a book on them,

Ahoy
Thank you very much for your wonderfull reply on my KATE, Card models are difficult at first their assembly method is coded lines in makeing cones and shapes. A different form in modeling when finished it will pass for plastic or wood, as mentioned on last post there are a lot of great modlers that are going to card modeling. With the Skyrocketing prices in plastic kits drives you away into something else. I can thank myself for all thoise years of hoarding kits that i bought in the past. Now they are my stash for future builds. Thanks again for your reply.

Boats

Flying-Tank-A40 | Aircraft |

thought you might find this of interest Boats,this is the site i'm a member of that got me interested in card models

Ahoy
I am honered you will find cardmodeling is a new dimention in modeling they are just as good as plastic there are tricks to the ctraqde like anything else in life but very rewarding when completed and all the great compliments you will recieve. thanks sir for your reply on my KATE.

Boats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back