Baseball playoffs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beauty of a game for Lee, nice job. Think they may be pushing it expecting him to do it again with 3 days rest.

Tonight. Pedro. About .500 against the Yankees. Saturday night, Cole Hammils. Those two guys make me VERY nervous. Would rather start Hammils tonight (if we lose, we lose) and start Pedro on Saturday in an NL park. But, Charlie Manuel sees it differently. And he's taken them to the World Series 2x.

My biggest worry is the Yankees bats will wake up. And Pedro might be the guy to get that happening. The dude is a mercenary but he gets it done. Sometimes. Sometimes not. If A-Rod and his Cast of Characters start hitting, this is going to get ugly fast.

If Pedro bails early, the Phils will use a lot of their bullpen.

As for the Yankees, nowhere near as deep in the bullpen as people give them credit but it's still a good bunch.

This series could come down to non-starting pitching. Who can carry the middle innings.

Good move to start P-Mart in 2nd game.He gets up for this stuff and has more insight on the Yankees hitters and he has been pitching well of late.Hamels is struggling a bit and is down to 2 pitches having lost some command/faith of/in his curve-ball.Besides,Hamels pitches better at home so why not put him into a better situation to succeed.With all the media hype over P-Mart,I think that Charlie Manuel is counting on some of the Yankees to loose focus trying to beat P-Mart instead of the task at hand which is to find a way to beat the Phillies.Kudos to LEE and UTLEY for W/S records....GO PHILLIES

CC pitched well enough to win, but Lee was brilliant! As a Yankee fan, I take my hat off to him.

The old cliche rings true....."good pitching beats good hitting".

And there's gotta be pressure on AJ. Yanks need to remind Pedro that "they're his Daddy".

TO

Lee was absolutely lights out! And he did ya'll see those two catches? That is one cool customer!

At any rate, the evil empire just gave up homefield advantage. Go Phils!

I think all the pressure is on all the Yankees.The Phillies are confident and patient at this point.As timshatz said earlier,it may come down to whose hitters can take advantage of the middle innings pitchers...GO PHILLIES

Phillies lost today. Dang! One run for them and three runs for the Yankees. Anyway, Go Phillies!

Good pitching last night. Yanks did it better. Beyond that, it was kind of a boring game. Not much happened. Both sides are playing very tight baseball, waiting for the other one to screw up. Need a complete breakdown from the pitchers to open it up. But right now, neither sides bats are hot.

Hamels is having a tough time. Odds are with the Yanks when it comes to pitching. But, they're playing in Phila tomorrow night. Odd thing, the Phils have a better average on the road than at home. Means nothing in post season. That place is going to be rockin'. If you've never been to Citizen's Bank Park, it is an excellent place to watch a game. And it gets loud.

GO PHILS!

I agree with Dirk. I'm not a baseball affionato (great spelling!) but some of those calls were bad. Outside pitches called as strikes, etc.

Hoping Cole and Joe can pull it off so Lee can finish it.

and now our little known secret is out - pitching sucks and there are no clutch hitters on out team!!! UUgghhh!!!

1 more win, and my students will be highly disappointed.

I promised them a "Yankees Lost" party in class if they cheered for the Phillies and the Yankees lost.!

(((Insert evil teacher laugh))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back