Best Food

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well fast food is not for me, if our Mc Donnalds had such big burgers like you lucky son of a guns have there in the US I would have bought it, but here it is nothing. I can eat ten of there biggest ones and still be hungry.

KFC sucks here. I would rather make my own pizza, hamburgers and hotdogs before I would go and get it from a fast food place. My own is always better, but my mom makes the best burgers.

Henk

syscom3 said:
New York food is completley overrated.
B#llshit!!! I don't know where you've been in NY or how many times you been there, but I've traveled extensively (like you) and I could tell you it always goes back to NY for the best food....

Maybe you need a native NY'er as a tour guide!!! ;)

Nothing special about NYC food. Nothing at all.

One of the great things about southern california is the wide variety of foods fom around the world, and of all regions of the USA. I've found it to be the best.

Best food oversea's I had was in Singapore.

syscom3 said:
Nothing special about NYC food. Nothing at all.

One of the great things about southern california is the wide variety of foods fom around the world, and of all regions of the USA. I've found it to be the best.
From Encino to Laguna Beach, From Redondo to Hollywood, Universal City, Santa Monica to Westwood, and even Old Towne in San Diego I've been there, there's "good" food there but it doesn't hold a rats ass hair to NYC (and the surrounding areas) food - evidently you've done the tourist tour of NYC; there are thousands of restaurants within Manhattan and in the other 5 boroughs that make California Restaurants look like remnants from the bottom of a McDonald's trash can!!

Just Italian restaurants alone, there isn't one in So Cal (and that's from the SF Valley to SD) that comes close to anything found in Little Italy. Shoot, most "good" So Cal Italian Resturants don't even make their own sauces and don't even have parm or peppers on the table!!!!!

The only Pizza in So Cal that's worth a sh*t is Brooklyn Pizza just off the Hermosa strand and it was founded by a guy from Brooklyn!!!

I you've ever been there you'll find the place is alwys crowded and its not becuase they serve Budwiser there!!! :p
syscom3 said:
Best food oversea's I had was in Singapore.
I thought it was good, also Bancock...

I lived in Hermosa for several years. My hangout was "Brewski's"

Theres plenty of great eateries here in so cal. Italian among them. Best chinese/japanese/korean/thai and vietnamese foods are here as well. Even Indian food is better here than in the "homeland".

Just because you couldnt find the good places to eat, doesnt mean they dont exist!

syscom3 said:
I lived in Hermosa for several years. My hangout was "Brewski's"

Theres plenty of great eateries here in so cal. Italian among them. Best chinese/japanese/korean/thai and vietnamese foods are here as well. Even Indian food is better here than in the "homeland".

Just because you couldnt find the good places to eat, doesnt mean they dont exist!

I lived in So Cal on and off for 20 years... My "hangout" when I was in college was the Poopdeck...

You just said it - GOOD places, and there are plenty in So Cal, New York has great places!! I take it you probably didn't seemuch outside of Manhattan and even there you needed to know where to go....

The poopdeck? heheheheheh, that was a fun place.

There was a small bar next to it........ had a mirrored window where you could sit down, drink a beer and watch the scantilly clad ladies walk by, and they couldnt see you. More than one drink was spilled when a big boobed woman would come up to the glass and adjust her top, not knowing we were on the other side watching, heheheheheheh

syscom3 said:
The poopdeck? heheheheheh, that was a fun place.

There was a small bar next to it........ had a mirrored window where you could sit down, drink a beer and watch the scantilly clad ladies walk by, and they couldnt see you. More than one drink was spilled when a big boobed woman would come up to the glass and adjust her top, not knowing we were on the other side watching, heheheheheheh

Yep - I think it was the mermaid...

*note.

Mermaid and poopdeck are still there, what I think you're referring to with the pizza is what's now Paisano's New York pizza... Pretty good, but I prefer Stefano's at the Howard HUghes Center.

GermansRGeniuses said:
*note.

Mermaid and poopdeck are still there, what I think you're referring to with the pizza is what's now Paisano's New York pizza... Pretty good, but I prefer Stefano's at the Howard HUghes Center.

YEP! That was it - Paisano's! You know the original owner shot and killed a guy who tried to rob him? He painted the body silhouette in front of the counter....

has anyone here tasted McDonalds spaghetti? of all the countries ive been to ive only seen in the PI

and KFC Hot Shots here are too not spicy (it's called differently in other countries)

we don't have this here...

but the real advantge of kosher/halal is you¨re sure there's no shit in the food you eat...

Attachments

• mousebread_744.jpg
    mousebread_744.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 157
Gnomey said:
Nope...

Much rather have Italian spagetti (pasta is another thing I can't get enough of...)

Hell yeah! Cheese and pasta are great...I like a good bit of Crispy Peking Duck as well. But all the best food ive had has been in Italian restaurants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back