Bf109E-1 Jg54 Battle of Britain Group Build (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I cut out the vacuform canopy pieces tonight and got the rear one pretty well dressed up so it fits, but still have to work on the other two pieces. Vacuform canopies is NOT my favorite part of modeling!!! No pictures of it tonight hopefully tomorrow.

I hear ya man....and feel your pain.....:D

I still haven't gotten back to the vac canopy, but was spraying Future on the Spit this afternoon so did it on the E-1 also. I will give it a couple of days cure before I start the decals I also did some clean-up on various small parts so there ready when I need them.

PA173468.JPG

Last edited:
Started the decals tonight. I'm taking it a little slower than with the Spit though. I finished the main decals on the left fuselage side, and about half the stencils. The Aero Master decals went on great using micro sol to settle then into the panel lines.

PA243495.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice Glenn. I found the red walk way marks for the wings silvered on me a bit, despite the gloss coat. If I do it again, I may trim off the decal edges along the red lines with a straight edge. Doing that on my Spit now. Food for thought but great care is needed to not slice through the line.

Thanks for the warning Andy. I will probably set them in wet Future. I find that works well with decals that tent to silver, although it is somewhat messy and needs to be wiped down after with a paper towel dampened with Windex.

Nice work mate, it looks brill! I remember having a similar problem with my 1/48th Bf109, with the wing'walk lines. I ended up masking and painting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back