Biker Babes Birthday..How Did We Miss It?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think this thread is working out rather well.

Better be careful though, she'll expect presents next year. :D

I did it! I knew I'd be last to say Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good one Maria. Get yourself a tall, cool drink - Jan's buying!

Tillykke med fodselsdagen min smukke pige!

*wolf whistle* Thanks Colin! ;) :thumbleft:

Guys - thanks a lot for all the greetings, zany ideas for things that I need to take care of and invent, and all. *curtsies* :lol:

I had a nice, relaxed day. ;)
I had originally planned to invite a bunch of friends, but since my stupid back had been acting up all week, I decided to go for a quiet day instead. I'd rather have a quiet, nice relaxed day than having to munch even more painkillers than I already do, so: Peaceful and quiet was the order of the day.

My mom popped by in the morning to help me do the shopping for the dinner for Jørn and me - she just turned 81 and still has her driver's license, do I have to say that I'm proud of her - and of dad, who's as fit as an 83-year old can be? ;)
Anyway, I got the gift plus card from my parents, and a box of luxury chocolate and an envelope with a sweet card and some birthday money.
Mom and I did the shopping and mom drove me home, I had lunch and then a nap. *tilt*...zzzZZZzzz...
After that, I cleaned up the rest of the kitchen and living room, and set the table before Jørn arrived.

When Jørn got here, we had a good time getting the dinner ready together, and he gave me a book - Ida Tin: Direktøs (Translation: "Direc-chick"), and a drama-documentary-dvd, "Blekingegadebanden", about the danish terrorist group from Blekingegade (Blekinge street), who robbed a lot of banks, post offices and supported and got trained by PFLP in the 70's and early 80's, before they killed a police officer when robbing a post office in Copenhagen. After that, the whole case started rolling, and it actually still is somehow today, because no-one from the group has ever admitted to be the guy who fired the shot that killed the young police officer, Jesper Egtved-Hansen.

Book and dvd:

02.jpg

Flowers from Jørn, too:

01.jpg

And chocolate and card from my parents:

08.jpg

Anyway, Jørn and I made a pound of "hakkebøffer" (minced beef steak) with a pound of fried onions in creamy sauce with two pounds of boiled potatoes and cucumber salad, and almost ate it all. :D
Only leftovers were a few potatoes, so we spent the rest of the evening, drinking coffee (- there wasn't room for the dessert - pancakes with ice cream - we were both stuffed to the brim with the main meal) watching funny videos on the computer, listening to good music and talking a lot.
Around 11 o'clock Jørn went home - he had to get up really early the next day, so he wanted to get at least 5 hours of sleep before going to work. ;)

So all in all it was a quiet day wich we enjoyed. :)
The next day my leader and I bought ice cream for everone at work in the afternoon break, my leader's birthday was also on the 10th, so we were two birthday ladies together at work that day.
And on the 14th my mom celebrated her birthday, so it's been Big Birthday Week here. :lol:
Friday I spent the last of my birthday money on Colin Heaton and Anne-Marie Lewis' book, "Night Fighters: Luftwaffe And Raf Air Combat Over Europe, 1939-1945", which has been translated into danish. Yay! :D
I've got no problems with reading books in english, but it's nice to be able to read a book in one's own language. ;)
So all in all I've really enjoyed my birthday, and it's been a great week, now that I absolutely HAD to get older. Hmpf! Hmm, I might need to do something about that ageing thing, too, together with my other projects... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back