Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And we can see Aaron at work here.....

Attachments

• Dibujo.JPG
    Dibujo.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 92
Thank you GrauGeist. I have a Canon Rebel XSI. Was shooting with a 75-300 EF lense on several different settings to try to learn a little but I can't seem to get the clarity you all seem to get. Went out this mourning to do some shooting and somehow between changing lenses I managed to cover the sensor with dirt and CANNOT get it off. I'm not having any luck at the moment. I will probably have to ship it off to get it clean.

My Pentax is notorious for dust motes on the CCD also. I have found out that the particles become stuck by static charge, something that the later Pentaxes have corrected. (naturally after I got mine...)

My remedy is to carefully apply compressed air to the interior, but not high pressure! Try a bulb blower first to see if that helps. I've used canned air that electronic techs use for blowing off sensitive equipment with good results, but always blow from an angle, never directly at the CCD.

I use the canned air as well, and definitely at an angle. I have a lens that has dust on the INSIDE elements. It used to be a minor annoyance, but has become a huge problem as it has gotten much worse. That is one of the hazards of aviation photography, especially when C-17s are taking off at Riverside!

I was out at Santa Paula airport today and the wind was howling through their, the worst I have ever seen it there. When I left after just a couple of hours, the gear was really dusty.

Canned air, and lint free clothes are good starts. You can wet clean the sensor, but you have to be completely comfortable with that kind of thing before attempting it.

I worked on it for three hours and never could get it out. It almost looks like a burn when you look through the view finder. When I bought the camera I also bought a insurance policy for accidental damage so I took it back to the store where I bought it and it is now on its way to Canon to be cleaned or repaired or both. I hope I get it back soon, I feel lost without it. I would love to know what got in it though. I did take some photos of my niece. I shot them rather quick so they are not very good but the subject more than makes up for it.
IMG_2137resized 25.jpg

IMG_2138 resized 25.jpg

Hi Aaron,

>Thanks guys. For just 10 months old, she's extremely intelligent. We had a lot of fun while she was here.:)

I'm fascinated by how much she looks like her mother, except that she's 90 degrees off ;)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Thanks guys. Here are some more. The first 3 are of the same area, different times. The pickup is where the closeup of the lights came from. The rest I took today.
IMG_2339 resized 25.jpg

IMG_2345 resized 25.jpg

IMG_2359 resized 25.jpg

IMG_2356 resized 25.jpg

IMG_2429 resized 25.jpg

IMG_2437 resized 25.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back