Budget Bf109G Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hells teeth mate! That was a quick reply, I'd only just finished checking the post!
Glad you like it, I think it's going to turn out well, if I can get the right scenic materials. BTW, I've just found some spare 1/48th decals that match Caldwell's Spit in your siggy; if you want them, they're yours!
Cheers, Terry.

Thanks Daniel. In this instance, I used some 'plastic' type filler which I had left over from filling a dent in the lounge wall (I accidentally smacked a hammer in the wrong place!!). Normally though, for small bits like this, I'd just use a papier mache mix - flour paste and newspaper strips.
If you're contemplating anything similar, then avoid plaster of Paris for small areas, as it's liable to crack. There are modelling products that use the latter, embedded in a gauze strip, which can work quite well, but tend to add quite a bit of weight to the base. The 'plastic' type fillers are lighter and more flexible, thereby avoiding the cracking or pitting problem. One of the best, available in various sized tubs, is called 'Tetrion' in the U.K., but the one I had 'in stock' was 'Polyfilla', as shown in the picture here:-

Attachments

• Diorama Guide 016.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 57
Course Terry

My Bf-110 and Do-335 Nachtjager diarama

look I even got a box started

sorry don't mean to invade your thread

Attachments

• IMG_0763.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 62
That looks like an interesting diorama project Daniel. I take it that it's going to be sort of 3D? You'll have to start a thread, so we can watch the progress.

I dono Terry was gonna wait til you did your diaram guide because I haven't a clue how to do a diarama having never done one

Got the Corsair to do first ,made this box about 2 weeks ago.Also hopefully be able to serve as a display for other models

So get cracking!

OK Boss! I should have Part One ready very soon, which covers the basics and materials, plus the start of some simple dioramas. I've followed the general opinion, and will post it in sections, otherwise it will take ages to finish, and a computer-full of memory to post and download!
Watch out for it, hopefully within the next two to three weeks.
Terry.
PS Sorry, forgot to add - thanks Rochie and Wurger!

Thanks guys! I'm actually quite pleased with it myself! There ARE parts that I could have done better, but overall, especially for such a cheap kit, it's turned out better than I originally anticipated, which is great, as that was the point of the exercise!

Terry, I see you're a night-owl like me. I work shifts, when i'm working nights, for a month at a time, I tend to stay living on nights on my days off. Building models in the small hours is the best, no distractions!

Lovely work on yellow 13 and the base looks cool too!

Thanks M and Jan. I could always let you have copies of the number of course, Jan. Cross my lips with a beer or six, and you could have your very own number '13', in yellow, to download and print to whatever size you want on clear decal sheet........

Users who are viewing this thread