Calling all Modellers! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A PTO GB would give me an excuse to build another corsair and maybe a jap bird, lots of inspiration there with Waynes IJN builds! :)

Any and all fine by me. I know absolutely sod all about the PTO (well, not much anyway!), so I should learn something along the way!
NOW! All of those new members who are modellers, AND the guests viewing who aren't yet members, but who are modellers, get your rear ends in gear and enter! Don't be put off by all the technical chat etc., that's to be expected, just get a kit, build it, and enter.
The 'rules' are dead simple:- Any Luftwaffe aircraft that was in defence of the Reich, between late 1943 and May 1945. Any scale (only the popular scale chosen so far, but if smaller/bigger all the better!), maximum of four models per entrant. These can be in all, or one or a selection of the scale 'classes'.
As far as skill goes, the Categories are:- Cat 1 Expert (God!), Cat 2, Experienced, intermediate modeller, Cat 3 Novice/beginner etc. It's up to you to choose your Category, no-one will pressure you.
SO COME ON! Let's have some more entries in!
So far, not counting Wayne and myself, there are 15 members registered as entrants, which isn't bad in such a short time. But, there is plenty of room for more and, as Dan said, there should be at least 20 entrants in this, the first 'competition'.
Just think, you'll be taking part in a unique event, where modellers from all over the World will be placing their efforts on the World Wide Web for all to see, and judging, as such, will be done from photographs! Has it been done before? Possibly not. So it's a great big heap of fun, and recreating history in minature, as well as learning and sharing.
Hope to see some more entries coming in, and good luck and happy modelling to all!
Terry.

Me, still waiting on my FW190 to arrive. I want to finish my Corsair first before i start it, i'll post a build thread then. :)

I think that I'll save my Bartels crate for later chaps, the G-10...might do a wee "group build" with a few of his birds at a later date. I think that I'll do the Dora-9 that I have instead, the JV44 13....

Would love to it Dan. Have decals for two of his crates anyway, just need to find another two 13's, his Red 13+= and more info on his G-10 Yellow 13.....the one that he went MIA in, which would make it 4...

Dan, just to keep you up to date, the threads not started yet are shown below.
May I suggest guys, even if you are not yet ready to commence, that you start a specific thread, just to introduce your intentions. These, of course, can be modified/changed at a later date.
No pressure, as we all have four months, but an intro will tidy things up, and help me keep track of who's who and what's what etc.
Thanks for your co-operation.
A4K
Dingo
Muller (reply noted, thanks M)
Tango35
Screaming Eagle
Slaterat.
This as of 7 December 2009.

I'll start another thread for my JV44 13 soon dear boy. Planning to save my Bartel machines for seperate "Group Build" later on, when I have some more info on some of his machines....

Can I suggest a seperate section for the Group build and any future GB's? Might make it a bit easier to navigate.

I know it's a bit premature, but what are the thoughts about the next one? MTO, PTO, CIB, BoB, specific aircraft type or unit or campaign? Interesting to get a few ideas in the pot, then we can all vote, or go by the majority suggestion etc.
Just a thought to keep you all even busier!!!

I know I already mentioned a North Africa GB, but tonight I was thinking of the current GB subject, how about another one but this time Allied aircraft that were attacking the Reich?

(I just want to do a checkered nosed P-47 razorback to match my 190 :oops:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back