Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agree with all. I watched a video about the white tape, very bendy. Might have to get some

I highly recommend there are several thicknesses, I have 2 and 3 millimeters. What matters is the flexibility and shape you want to give the tape on one side, as the case may be in different situations. To widen it, I only add one more cheaper tape ... :D
Another advantage that I can see, is that it has low adhesion, which allows to be correcting the final position in which you need it and therefore I could occupy in 2 or 3 different situations, the same stretch. Looking for the best way to optimize resources ... hehehe
:thumbup:

Last edited:
... before and after painting the fringes of shock. (I do not think it's his correct name, ... if someone corrects me, I appreciate it.) :stoopyd:

518.jpg
519.jpg

... details continue to emerge and I can not afford to ignore them; And less, after seeing so many jobs of colleagues in this forum, who really are committed to doing the job well, and that is something I am learning.

The dangerous thing is that it no longer alters me because of the extra work involved and ... what I have invested in detail of this monster, it "forces" me to continue like this ... :dontknow:...:laughing6:
Other spills of paint on one of the wings become noticeable ... they are surfaces so wide, that they subtract beauty to the airplane. And to work on this.

520.jpg
521.jpg
522.jpg

Again I checked all the parts, cleaned them and applied some 3 or 4 light layers of Future.

I have seen that the experts recommend letting it pass from 24 to 48 hours so that the Future stays well dried and applied, to pass to the stage of the decals.

I have found some errors in the sheets of the instructions for the decals, their reference numbers against the decal sheet. It is a matter of being careful when putting them in place.

While everything is in their drying rooms, I used to make The Marker Beacon Antenna, supporting by those formidable images that shared between posts # 367 and # 375

... and what I did was something like ... :magnifyglass:

523.jpg
524.jpg
525.jpg
526.jpg

Well, ... let time go its way, as long as I continue to devise the way to do a good job of weathering ... see you soon.

Hasta pronto amigos :thumbup:

Those black edges are de-icing boots Luis Carlos. Great work here.

Thank you for your words Robert, Andy & Geo. Also by the correct name of the de-icing boots.
Are they from any kind of paint or special material?
Today I learned something new (new word in English)

Buenas noches desde xico :thumbup:

Very nice work Luis, and well worth the extra effort.
The de-icer boots were rubber, and either electric or pneumatic, depending on type, although outwardly they looked the same.
The electric type worked by being heated just enough to prevent ice forming, whilst the pneumatic type could also be heated, but vibrated in a pulse-like manner, to prevent the ice forming and / or disperse any ice which started to form.
Later in the war, particularly when operating from the UK, some units removed the 'boots', as they could be shredded by flak bursts, and whip back to jam the control surfaces. In these cases, the leading edges of wings or fins looked very bright bare metal, even on a NMF finish, where the boots had previously been.

Thanks friends ... it seems that I can already see the final line, ... I still do not see the goal but with everything and obstacles, we are already close !!
What a team thing !!

The information you share is very interesting. Many thanks Terry.

Saludos con aprecio :thumbup: :grouphuuug:

Last edited:
... INITIATING THE DECALING PROCESS. :mrgreen:

Trying to follow all the instructions and advice (I reviewed several videos, to have the best references). Every time I feel a greater challenge to do things well, as the end is near !!

527.jpg

And so both sides of the vertical stabilizers remained ...

528.jpg
529.jpg

... in this last photo and the next, I indicate with arrows bulbs or indicator lights on the top of the vertical stabilizers on both sides and four similar lights on the horizontal stabilizer. I did not find good photographs on the net, which would allow me to see what color they are, if the focus glass is colored, or it is transparent and the focus is the color.
Also in that color those "round things" that are on the ailerons, both vertical and horizontal.

Question for you friends who know military aviation.

530.jpg

I started with the left side on the front of the fuselage ...

531.jpg

532.jpg

... and complicated things a little while to continue with the remaining decals ... I already have some photos, I comment and share soon.

regards :thumbup:

These round things on elevators were inspection panels and I don't think these were of a different colour. Just were overpainted with the camo paint. The same concerning the rudder ones.

B24_elevator.png

b24rudder.jpg

b24ruddera.jpg

About these lights at the stabiliser top I'm not sure because these aren't seen mostly. But as memo serves these were the formation lights and were od the same blue colour as the three lights on the fuselage top..

b24crashed.jpg

B24tail.jpg

Last edited:
Very valuable images and extraordinary information on the exterior lights of the B-24.
It strikes me and I admire the great amount of information that has been collected for the best knowledge of this great bomber. :idea::idea:
I'm sure it will be a very good reference for interested modelers and future builders of a B-24 !! ...:study::read2::study:

Thank you very much Wojtek for illustrating me, now on exterior lights.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back