Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnesota report, September 21
cases 90,942*, recovered 82,174, hospitalized 7,199(255)**, deaths 1,969, tests 1,855,308***(1,312,937)****
fatality rate 2.2%
mortality rate 345.4 per million
test rate 225.5 per thousand
*90,942 confirmed cases amounts to ~1.6% of Minnesota's population of ~5,700,000 people.
**The number in parenthesis is Minnesota's currently hospitalized COVID-19 cases. This number has varied between 233 and 316 over the last 30 days. The new case rate, hospitalization rate, and death rate all show that we appear to have 'flattened the curve' again.
***This number is the total number of tests that have been processed.
****The number in parenthesis is the total number of people who have been tested. Minnesota has now tested ~23% of it's population.

I no longer pay any attention to the numbers around here. As long as I keep practicing safety measures, take my vitamins, and avoid contact with humanity, I most likely won't become one of the statistics.
Agreed. I stopped following the corona numbers which are depressing here anyway. Only not the regulations as they change. I'll just stay home I guess.

Italy report 27th September, weekly changes
cases 309,870, +11,714, deaths 35,835, +128, recovered 224,417, +6,066, active cases 49,618, +5,520, tests 11,087,064, +654,250, people tested 6,700,432, +397,671
fatality rate 11.6% (-0.4)
mortality rate 594 per million (+2)
test rate 183.8 per thousand (+10.8)
positive rate 4.6% (-0.1)
test rate this week 10,877 per million (+686)
positive rate this week 2.9% (+0.2)
new case rate this week 194 per million (+22)

My area of the Netherlands has become code Red by Belgium and Germany. Annoying. We're being punished for what happens in the big cities like Rotterdam where I never come in the first place. But it can't be helped I guess.
So we are a code Red area because in the whole town, 120,000 people we have 16 confirmed cases of Covid.

Latest UK restrictions, nationwide (in addition to some areas under "local" lockdown again), have imposed a curfew on pubs, cafes, restaurants etc, which have to have table service only, and must close at 22.00 hrs. ( maybe Covid is only infectious after 22.00 hrs !!].
This is all very well, by I've heard from my friend who' has the local pub, and he's had to close his doors, shutting the pub until further notice, as there is no way he can meet the demands of the rules, being a one-man business. I suspect there are many similar situations throughout the UK too.

The only way a bar/pub can survive these days

1601319070426.png

Latest UK restrictions, nationwide (in addition to some areas under "local" lockdown again), have imposed a curfew on pubs, cafes, restaurants etc, which have to have table service only, and must close at 22.00 hrs. ( maybe Covid is only infectious after 22.00 hrs !!].
This is all very well, by I've heard from my friend who' has the local pub, and he's had to close his doors, shutting the pub until further notice, as there is no way he can meet the demands of the rules, being a one-man business. I suspect there are many similar situations throughout the UK too.
We went through that too. Some bars opened, others chose to close.

Nope - no way you're going to get into New Caledonia: New Caledonia: Coronavirus (Covid-19) safe travel destination ✓
Same with most of the pacific islands, and others are worse: they've closed their borders, even to their own citizens.

Just a story from across the pond,

A large Country is about to have an election
The President of a large country did badly in a face to face televised debate.
Result - deep discussion about what to do next as there are more face to face meetings to take place.
Find a way out.
Tell the media that the President has caught Covid.
Hoped for result - Simpathy from the voters, votes hoped to be in his favour.
Other option - postpon the election to a more favorable time.
Hoped for result - the President gets re-elected
Investigation into how he caught the virus.
Result of investigation - Got it from opposition leader.
Opposition leader jailed for endangering the President.
President made a miraculous recovery and is fitter now and younger than any other president has or ever will be.
😃🍻

And we thought Richtohfen had a flying circus, and banana republics were only in Latin America! Ooopps, I guess that includes us now. Spanish our official language by 2050, just you wait and see. Saludas, amigos!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back