Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good beer IMHO

1583094538467.png

Pretty good beer IMHO

It will come as no surprise that QingDau was a German colony (nice place I went there when I was working in China)
from wiki Tsingtao Brewery Co. Ltd. is China's second largest brewery, with about 15% of domestic market share. It was founded in 1903 by German settlers in Qingdao, Shandong province. Its logo displays an image of Zhanqiao, a pier on Qingdao's southern shore.

Meh...

Most cases of the virus are mild, no worse than a common cold. The flu is much worse. 16000 people in just the United States alone die of the Flu each year, and its much more severe symptom wise.

Quit with the fricking panicking for crying out loud.

Excuse me, I was wrong with my numbers. Flu deaths in the US average between 12,000 and 50,000 per year. 2018 was a record with 80,000 deaths. Why weren't you panickers not panicking then????

Nothing to see here...

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in the U.S. - STAT

It will come as no surprise that QingDau was a German colony (nice place I went there when I was working in China)
from wiki Tsingtao Brewery Co. Ltd. is China's second largest brewery, with about 15% of domestic market share. It was founded in 1903 by German settlers in Qingdao, Shandong province. Its logo displays an image of Zhanqiao, a pier on Qingdao's southern shore.

Anheuser Busch was started by a German brewer too, and look how they screwed up his beer. Bud and Bud Lite should not even be classified as a beer. He is rolling over in his grave.

Anheuser Busch was started by a German brewer too, and look how they screwed up his beer. Bud and Bud Lite should not even be classified as a beer. He is rolling over in his grave.
Beer as a drink was unheard of in the far east so when "the west" started trading they took it with them, Most Japanese beer companies started with German tech too, from what I remember. Its the same with bread whereas some stuff like noodles went the other way.

Numbers are very unreliable. Half of it come from China and Iran, both governments notorious for changing facts for their own purpose. Also the media is not known for accuracy in these matters. I saw in the media that people were advised to use a disinfectant gel. We're talking a virus here, so it won't help you one bit. We don't know how many people are really affected. I suspect there are many undetected infections, bringing the death rate way down. Considering everything, the main danger seems to be the mass hysteria that's building at the moment.
I think thats a good point. The 2.5% fatality rate is of diagnosed cases. If at least half of the cases are not diagnosed, which seems like if anything a conservative estimate then that rate would be cut in half.
So the actual fatality rate is probably somewhere around .7 to 1.25 at most.
That would be a bad flu but no worse as far as fatality rate. It is more contagious apparently but it certainly doesn't look as worrisome as the media were making it out to be.

Let's imagine posted
HERE
a photo of a beautiful girl wearing a bikini.

Well, statistics are exactly like bikinis.
What they show is suggestive, but what they hide is essential...

...........and you've gotta love the essentials. hahaha!

If one remembers Betelgeuse was going to explode in a giant super nova and I looked at Orion last night and the shoulder was still there.

So media and science don't mix.

The media was all over the Betelgeuse story and lo and behold total nonsense.

If it's in the papers it ain't true.

They do make their own beer. What's somewhat frightening is that there is no evident transmission path for some of the clusters of the virus.

I believe their breweries were either set up or copied from Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back