Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the Chinese researchers claim is that the protein shell of the virus contains amino acids that 'fit' the snake's cells. This is a highly debatable claim as it also fits many mammals and corona viruses tend to thrive on mammals and not reptiles.

I've read synopsis of a couple of articles (one from The Lancet the other (I think) from New Scientist) and both agreed, as of a few days ago, that the exact origin of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) is not known. They also agreed that the origin was certainly in 'wildlife', but which species remains, so far, undetermined.

I've read synopsis of a couple of articles (one from The Lancet the other (I think) from New Scientist) and both agreed, as of a few days ago, that the exact origin of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) is not known. They also agreed that the origin was certainly in 'wildlife', but which species remains, so far, undetermined.
The original 2003 SARS was found to probably originate from bats. The corona viruses found in those paricular bats were suspiciously similar to the SARS that infected humans. I suspect it will be the same here as well, but it's too early to say.

The Chinese research suggests that this particular corona virus today originates from bats, but co-existed in a snake, where corona virusses in the snake somehow merged with the bat's corona virus, creating this new violent one. It is something that is possible, but not very likely. the mamal virus would have to 'survive' in the snake long enough in order to 'merge', which is less likely.

I have to rephrase one of my posts earlier. I said:
Chinese researchers claim is that the protein shell of the virus contains amino acids that 'fit' the snake's cells.

This of course should be triplets instead of amino acids.

DNA/RNA work in 'words of 3 'letters' called triplets. Each triplet codes for an amino acid. As there are more possible unique triplets then there are amino acids, some different triplets code for the same amino acid. Which of the triplets is used for a specific amino acid is somewhat specific for the species. The Chinese researchers found that the virus uses the same triplets as certain snakes. In other words, one could say the virus' genome seems to speak a similar language to that of the genome of certain snakes.

One should note that in 2013, a virus was found in horseshoe bats that is almost identical (96%) to the Covid-19 virus. I still believe the bats are the original carriers. The intermediate still remains unclear.

The England cricket team will not shake hands while on tour of Sri Lanka because of the corona virus. I presume they will all play with their own ball then?

The England cricket team will not shake hands while on tour of Sri Lanka because of the corona virus. I presume they will all play with their own ball then?

Only the England team and the two on field umpires touch the ball during the opposition innings, unless of course one of the opposing batters dumps it into the crowd. At least the wicket-keeper wears gloves :)

The team are obviously trying to avoid shaking hands with the entire opposing squad and coaching staff, as is traditional at the conclusion of any international match. This is followed by some by hand shakes with commentators, pundits, interviewers and those presenting various awards.

Personally I think that it's silly and they have been ill advised. They could simply do the handshaking and then wash or disinfect their hands.

Only the England team and the two on field umpires touch the ball during the opposition innings, unless of course one of the opposing batters dumps it into the crowd. At least the wicket-keeper wears gloves :)

The team are obviously trying to avoid shaking hands with the entire opposing squad and coaching staff, as is traditional at the conclusion of any international match. This is followed by some by hand shakes with commentators, pundits, interviewers and those presenting various awards.

Personally I think that it's silly and they have been ill advised. They could simply do the handshaking and then wash or disinfect their hands.
They have banned shaking hands with themselves too. It is a 20-20 competition, the ball goes in the crowd once an over at least, many 4s go in the crowd or are fielded by stewards. Daft tokenism.

The big question here, is how reloable is the Chinese research reports being fed to the media?

These are the same people who seemed to think that Ethylene Glychol was perfectly fine in baby formula and toothpaste exports (until it was leaked to the media and their minister Clintoned himself to avoid execution...)

The big question here, is how reloable is the Chinese research reports being fed to the media?

These are the same people who seemed to think that Ethylene Glychol was perfectly fine in baby formula and toothpaste exports (until it was leaked to the media and their minister Clintoned himself to avoid execution...)
Is there a reason that they would have misled the world? As far as I know, they're not the politicians calling it a hoax...

Boris Johnson, the British prime minister visited a hospital and met the staff. Someone mentioned it was a coronary care unit. That's when the stupidity started, and went on all day. Thank heaven we didn't have the internet in 1939, no story is too stupid to travel faster than a fact.

1) Iran's Deaths at Least 210, Hospitals Say

2) I'm not sure what the mortality rate is because

3) the hospitals are listing 210 dead and the Iranian government only listing 34 dead.

4) Without further information, it's making it difficult to calculate mortality rates.

1) Never trust to any numbers / statics from officials or hospitals. My mother is an ICU/CCU nurse and dead , all across country have passed beyond 2000 ... Just in Capital, Tehran, there are at least 600 confirmed dead by COVID-19.

2) Iran's regime will never tells the truth, cuz people have no worth for them.

3) as I said, dead are over 2000 people.

4) for reliable sources, I can suggest you search Telegram , Instagram, Tweeter and other apps like them.

1) Never trust to any numbers / statics from officials or hospitals. My mother is an ICU/CCU nurse and dead , all across country have passed beyond 2000 ... Just in Capital, Tehran, there are at least 600 confirmed dead by COVID-19.

2) Iran's regime will never tells the truth, cuz people have no worth for them.

3) as I said, dead are over 2000 people.

4) for reliable sources, I can suggest you search Telegram , Instagram, Tweeter and other apps like them.
Hi ARTESH ARTESH

why is the amount of dead so high in your country? How many people were actually infected? The death rate seems to be on average 3%, so that would suggest around 70,000 people infected if your number is correct. That would put you country 2nd hardest hit after China, even way ahead of Korea. How come your country is so hard hit?

Hi ARTESH ARTESH

1) why is the amount of dead so high in your country?

2) How many people were actually infected?

3) The death rate seems to be on average 3%, so that would suggest around 70,000 people infected if your number is correct.

4) That would put you country 2nd hardest hit after China, even way ahead of Korea.

5) How come your country is so hard hit?

Hi dear Marcel,

1) it has both political and non-political reasons, as you can guess it would cross our Forum's red lines, so I won't talk about it until I can somehow shorten political part of it.

2) believe it or not, there no info!

3) I believe it's even more! Many didn't go to hospitals or Clinics, because it costs very very very expensive, even if you have insurance!

4) I believe it is.

5) Money and Politics , as always!

However, Talking about Iran, in any field, would cause to talk about Politics, and I don't want to receive warnings or being banned or anything else, cuz I really love this forum. So, I need time to think and select correct words for this and some other topics, including Ukrainian plane.
Just give me some time, there are many things to be told!!!

I believe their breweries were either set up or copied from Germany.
Hitler wasn't the father of German anti semitism. Jews had been escaping Germany long before the third Reich. Many of them were pilsener style brewers, a style that wasn't particularly common outside Europe, but caught on quickly when spread around the globe. Can you tell the difference blindfolded between Tsingtao, Kirin, Corona, Heineken, and Carlsberg (the original lager)? Most can't.
Cheers,
Wes

Hi dear Marcel,

1) it has both political and non-political reasons, as you can guess it would cross our Forum's red lines, so I won't talk about it until I can somehow shorten political part of it.

2) believe it or not, there no info!

3) I believe it's even more! Many didn't go to hospitals or Clinics, because it costs very very very expensive, even if you have insurance!

4) I believe it is.

5) Money and Politics , as always!

However, Talking about Iran, in any field, would cause to talk about Politics, and I don't want to receive warnings or being banned or anything else, cuz I really love this forum. So, I need time to think and select correct words for this and some other topics, including Ukrainian plane.
Just give me some time, there are many things to be told!!!
You take care of yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back