Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sister in law went to costco today and said she couldn't get cooking oil or toilet paper because they were out. When she asked the clerk why they seemed to be out of so many things he said everyone is stocking up because of the carona virus.
Good grief, this is getting ridiculous. Even if one believes this is something to be concerned about the idea of stocking a years supply of cooking oil and toilet paper so they can quarantine themselves away for months and months apparently is a little over the top imho.
At this point I'm becoming much more concerned about a toilet paper shortage than anything else.

I don't understand the run on toilet paper. You are going to use soap and cleaning materials more than normal, but toilet paper? This morning there was an elderly couple who had 36 rolls of toilet paper in the trolly and were discussing if they should buy another 18 roll pack. I admit to thinking just how long does it take two people to get through 36 rolls, quickly followed by another thought thinking, do I really want to know the answer.

They are stocking up sp they don't have to leave the house. If you have enough of everything, toilet paper included, you don't have to go to the store.

Forget about the Corona Virus for a minute, and just look at it objectively. Supermarkets are cesspools of germs and crud. How many people do you see on any given day walking around while shopping for groceries and they are coughing and sneezing, and wiping the snotty noses with their hand, arm or sleeve? Then they are touching the cart and groceries, looking at them and putting it back on the shelf.

Just go to your average walmart on any given day (I loathe that place and avoid it like plague, for so many reasons),

Its not about the toilet paper, its about not having to go to the store.

Whats the big deal about 36 rolls? We buy our toilet paper at Costco and buy double that many all the time. Why, because it does not expire. It sits in the storage pantry, and it lasts for a long time. It runs out? We buy another 72 pack at costco.

Last edited:

Conspiracy theories only add to the hysteria. If any of this was true the Chinese government would be trying to nuke the west by now. I saw one idiot post a theory that the Chinese started this to end the protests in Hong Kong, If you look at a map, Hong Kong and Wuhan are 500 miles from each other.

Please keep this stuff at a minimum, as stated earlier I will shut this thread down if it gets out of hand.

file:///C:/Users/JMOR1/Downloads/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

Last edited:
Conspiracy theories only add to the hysteria. If any of this was true the Chinese government would be trying to nuke the west by now. I saw one idiot post a theory that the Chinese started this to end the protests in Hong Kong, If you look at a map, Hong Kong and Wuhan are 500 miles from each other.
I actually was going to say something myself, but decided not to (I figured the thread would be shut down, so I didn't want to draw attention to something that'd do it).

Wise choice tin foil hat boy... :D
I wasn't going to support what he was saying. Since I agreed to not make it political, I was going to say something that I'd figure wouldn't go over well. So I figured, well -- nobody's reacted yet, maybe nobody will even see the thread...

Last edited:
Its-A-Conspiracy.jpg

Maybe they're planning on using toilet paper instead of Kleenex, if they get snotty ??

Or for about any thing else you can substitute something else, but what can you substitute for toilet paper that won't ruin your sewer system ?

On a lighter note, anybody remember the old Army demonstration on how to use only one sheet of toilet paper at a time ?

I just know somebody is come back with a post that you can use corn cobs as substitutes for toilet paper.

Saw on the news today that people were getting in literal fist fights over toilet paper at a local Costco.......... Good grief!
Of course this is California so there's that.

I was supposed to fly today but some nasty winds kicked up so I decided to pick up some groceries. TP was on my list. There was a Walmart close to where I was at so I went there. On one asile the TP was cleaned out but on another asile it looks like they restocked. I can't believe this unbelievable stupidity!!!!

Last edited:

Please keep this stuff at a minimum, as stated earlier I will shut this thread down if it gets out of hand.

file:///C:/Users/JMOR1/Downloads/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

It's on YT for everyone to see.
I don't agree with it; but felt the forum people might want to see......don't assume I posted it because I support the theory.
Remove the post if it's contentious.

Last edited:
I just know somebody is come back with a post that you can use corn cobs as substitutes for toilet paper.
When my poverty stricken school teacher parents moved into a several years abandoned farmhouse with no indoor plumbing in 1950, the outhouse was well stocked with corncobs mounted on sticks. Quite the luxury in latrineland. Made a deep impression on my three year old mind.
Cheers,
Wes

It's on YT for everyone to see.
I don't agree with it; but felt the forum people might want to see......don't assume I posted it because I support the theory.
Remove the post if it's contentious.
Remember the line from Incense and Peppermints:
"Yardstick for lunatics; one point of view."?
Thanks for the yardstick, Sid!
The depths of depravity are greater than I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back