Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I take it back. I don't get the toilet paper thing. I get buying more than usual, and I get stocking up on food. But why buy a thosand rolls of toilet paper? I just watched a couple load en entire Jeep from front to back with rolls of toilet paper. I think this coronavirus thing is affecting peoples brains.
عقل سالم تو بدن سالمه !!!

Literal translation:

Healthy wisdom is in healthy body!!!

Anyway, I'm not shocked with this!!!

Wait until this pandemic really gets going and they start telling people to stay home. That couple will be selling that TP for $1 = $2 per roll. COVID is not even in Arkansas yet but today 3/10 our Walmart was sold out of Hand Sanitizer, and vinyl gloves. ANY kind of filter mask has been LONG gone from all stores here including hardware and Home Improvement stores. Walmart still had TP but maybe 1/4 of what they usually carry out on the shelves.
No runs on canned good YET! Shelves were fully stocked.
Very few people were wearing masks though Walmart does have special crews wiping down the check-out isles and key pads with sanitizer.
P95 and N95 masks/respirators are still available on Ebay but $20 per mask is a real buy and most are $30 or more.

Ok, I take it back. I don't get the toilet paper thing. I get buying more than usual, and I get stocking up on food. But why buy a thosand rolls of toilet paper? I just watched a couple load en entire Jeep from front to back with rolls of toilet paper. I think this coronavirus thing is affecting peoples brains.
Propper prepping requires enough toilet rolls to keep a signal bonfire visible at 20 miles for a week.

Statistics are now available in our age of computerized stock taking. In Salisbury sales of toilet rolls are 11.5 times higher than the normal while many areas have no change at all including some cities. It is a localised madness which no one can explain

The silver lining from all this fear-mongering is that the cost of petrol and overseas travel from here has gone down. Yusss!

On the subject of media overreaction, I work with a Russian, who is getting excited and claiming we should halt international travel altogether, only because that is what Russian State media is saying. I told him I drove past a Chinese restaurant on the way to work and asked if he was ok with working in proximity to me...

Are there Evergreen pasta recipes anywhere?
Daughter in law posted a picture of SF 6.30pm rush hour, one car on the road.
Cheap gas, to nowhere.
Japanese NHK seems to be keeping their people informed.
Everybody else doesn't want to create panic,
but That is what lack of information Does!
And now I can't find Any toilet paper........ you bastards!

It's called Herding,
one stupid cow from the herd does it,
and they all follow over the cliff into the abyss..

We can't run out because of the Importation of the stuff!!!!!!
It's all made in SA!
For goodness sake.

And now I can't find Any toilet paper........

Bill, ME to your rescue!!!! I made an offer in YOUR name....no thanks necessary...just get the credit card warmed up

Untitled.jpg

I've got a few tins of baked beans in the cupboard, and at least one pack of wine gums...bring on the apocalypse.

If I run out of loo roll I'll have to use the bidet which currently is only used for the entertainment of grandchildren, they can reach the taps. Otherwise I'll have to wash my arse with the incredibly expensive mixer tap/shower thingy that the Fuhrerin ordered fitted to the bathtub, something else that's never used because it's fifteen feet from a proper shower!

As far as I know diarrhoea is not a symptom of this virus, so why loo roll? I was a bit loose this morning, but that was probably the Jalfrezi I had from the Mughal last night ;)

Very strange…

In Italy it is common language to say that when you are particularly frightened the first thing you have do is to go to the loo or in another convenient place as soon as possible before you got it done in the pants but, considering the situation of the Co-vid19, here in Italy no shortages of toilet paper can be experienced in the supermarkets of the whole Nation.

Or that we are particularly brave, or particularly reckless, or thoughtless… but the regular cleaning of some anatomical parts seems to go as usual.

Fortunately, in every Italian house, even the most poor, the furniture of the loo is quite complete.

litalia-capolista-nelluso-del-bidet-nel-mondo_1740695.jpg

I miss it a lot in all my travels abroad, expecially in the Anglo-Saxon countries.

I've never been to U.S so I'm wondering how a loo is made there.

This way?

Carta-igienica.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back