Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Scott !
You've all got indoor toilets ??!!
And you don't have to save a cut up newspapers ??!!
Well I never !!!!

Well! The humor has gone viral!
Thanks everybody for the info.
Conclusion: Don't trust what any government or "main stream media" source says. That's about my entire set of sources.
Conclusion: This COVID has a lethality rate close to the 1918 Influenza Epidemic mis-named Spanish Flu. Different focus of vulnerability, but about the same rate. SARS and MERS had much higher lethality.
Conclusion: Now is a good time to hibernate until this blows over.

Problem is the source of news is Media and Politicians and I believe neither.

So I have no clue what's happening or why.

But if the economy tanks and the population is decimated then at least we can now live in a Mad Max style dystopian future. Best I could ever hope for.

I will wear furs and a skull on my head and call myself Knocker.

So I am sorted.

I just don't get the toilet paper hoarding. I understand the masks, bleach, and the hand sanitizer.......but toilet paper?
In all seriousness it looks like it has a fatality rate of about .25 to.50% The media keeps quoting 2% but thats of known cases that tested positive. 80% of cases are very mild so they are never tested as most people will never know they have anything more than a cold or flu. So ive heard several epidemiologists say anyway. When the media was reporting that there were 200 cases and 6 fatalities last week here in the US some of said epidemiologists were saying that fairly dependable models of how things this contagious spread there were almost certainly at least 9000 cases here already. Its just that most of those cases had no reason to believe that they had anything more than the flu or a cold so never got tested.
So the actual fatality rate is probably somewhat greater than most( but not all) flus but not appreciably so......and it is more contagious so it is something to be concerned about but good heavens.....people are losing their minds.

It's simply a snowball rolling downhill - the previous "pandemics" (swine flu, bird flu, mad cow disease, West Nile virus, Ebola, et al) did not have rampant social media and a rabid media pouring gasoline on the flames...

1583988812791.png

Except for you. Somehow the Americans in their infinite wisdom think they should still allow you crazy bunch. No idea where they got that idea from... :lol:
Nothing makes much sense, maybe a blue passport gives protection? At time of writing Englands friendly football match with Denmark is cancelled but Englands friendly with Italy will go ahead, obviously without any Italians?

It's simply a snowball rolling downhill - the previous "pandemics" (swine flu, bird flu, mad cow disease, West Nile virus, Ebola, et al) did not have rampant social media and a rabid media pouring gasoline on the flames...
Largely this is due to conflicting information presented by official sources. The panicked responses on social media seem to mirror the conflicting information.

Largely this is due to conflicting information presented by official sources. The panicked responses on social media seem to mirror the conflicting information.
Yeah, but I don't get it - regular Flu strains kill roughly half a million people worldwide every year, yet I don't see anyone losing their shit over that issue...

The panic may be stemming from the medical community saying they have no cure or preventative measures in place yet. Yesterday, in the UK I believe, they were looking for healthy volunteers to be injected with a lesser strain of Corona to do some vaccine tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back