Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grocery store I frequent had lots of empty shelves. No oatmeal or peanuts and I got the last pint of half and half cream. No frozen berries for my morning smoothies either.

i have 2 chefs off work with syptoms.

my boss has cancelled all my relief chefs leaving me and another guy in the kitchen.

he expects me to work 80+ hours to cover the gaps in the rota but pay me for 45 for the good of the company !

wished i had not tried to help the girl worried about her wedding now, not a happy bunny.

Dunno what the complaints are here about hoarding if you cant find toilet rolls and pasta take a kit from the stash.

It's simply a snowball rolling downhill - the previous "pandemics" . . . . mad cow disease
Mad cow disease was caused by cattle eating feed that was contaminated with neural tissue that came from sheep that were infected with scrapie or from cattle with BSE.

Not that I want to trivialize, it was generally a cattle-feed to cattle to human disease: It rarely spread from human to human (I can only think of one case that seems to clearly fit the criteria), unless you were engaged in the business of eating long-pork.

Ah, I think I know where this is going...
You've known me long enough that I don't fall for that conspiracy BS.

The governor's office posted a list of affected counties, citing Shasta County had 38 cases, during his press release where he was implementing new emergency laws and restrictions.

Shasta County department of health and social services just issued a press statement saying that was false, only one person tested positive and they were being monitored and recovering well.

So no conspiracy at all - perhaps we can say it was simply an error or misquote or?

For the ones still thinking this is just another flu. Please look at what happens in Italy. Their medical system is at break down point. And Italy is not known for having a bad healthcare. Here in the Netherlands, IC is filling up more rapidly than during the normal flu epidemics. People end up in IC with major lung problems, half of the people ending up in IC are younger than 50.

Here the locusts are hiring busses and going out into the country to devour all the supplies except for the fresh vegetables.

Queensland has just changed its laws so that supermarkets can restock 24/7 instead of only during business hours but the problem now is that a lot of truckies have self isolated so there is no one to drive the trucks.

i today go to shop, i find all that need, but i take last 2 bacon portion (this is bacon for pasta sauce) i did fast but i didn't see empty shelves, excluding that bacon
i don't take fresh food this days imho is less safe

Shops (both small and supermarkets) are well stocked here. Companies have a lot of experience with seasonal peaks in demand, caused due to tourist influx, so that, coupled with actually small population and good stocks works as an advantage. Price of fuel has dropped by ~15%.
Thus far, confirmed is that one person has died in Croatia due to the virus.

The American people are about to find out what poor healthcare system we have. The majority of us will remain blind afterwards as well.

The American people are about to find out what poor healthcare system we have. The majority of us will remain blind afterwards as well.

No healthcare system can deal with a pandemic. No large city can deal with a mass casualty event of more than 12-1,500 people on a good day. (Italy also has an predominately older population of smokers.)

Don't get me wrong, it's messy world-wide. The fact of the matter is the world's medical system absent a major world war is not geared to deal with a pandemic.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying. I'm talking more about how we insure people, and protect workers when they are sick.

I know I said this upthread last week but they've got to run out of space eventually right? I mean where are they putting 40,000 rolls of toilet paper and 30 flats of eggs? ( actually saw a woman loading about 30 flats of eggs into her car Sunday and several other people with like half that on Saturday)
I don't think you can even freeze eggs right? I wonder what she was gonna do with like 600 eggs.
I truly am not understanding the continued hoarding. The first wave I didn't find that surprising, unfortunately, there is always a portion of the populace that is easily set ajar so to speak but I'm really becoming dumbfounded now.

For the ones still thinking this is just another flu. Please look at what happens in Italy. Their medical system is at break down point. And Italy is not known for having a bad healthcare.

Unlike most strains of flu, the spread of Covid-19 has not yet been restricted, let alone contained, by vaccines or immunity from previous outbreaks, and scientists (including those from the WHO) believe it has a significantly higher death rate than that of seasonal flu (which, on average, is about 0.1%).

For an in depth analysis by UK health experts go to https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread