Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everywhere in the world, people are stocking food in order to face this crisis and in America they start buying more weapons? I do like America very much, but I don't even pretend I understand them.

As in a command, no?
My Deutsch is nicht sehr gut. Parents spoke broken hillbilly sort of German so what I grew up with actually hurt my ability to learn/speak Real German when i took classes in college. In present day spoken German (Chris correct me if I err here) there is a tendency to use the Familiar/Informal Case to just about everyone. In my limited German the use of DU WIRST softens the command whereas had I said SIE WERDEN in formal case it hardens into a command.
If Mom called out Komst Du hier I knew I was OK BUT... KOMMEN SIE HIER was an Oh scheisen I'm dead meat

Last edited:
So everywhere in the world, people are stocking food in order to face this crisis and in America they start buying more weapons? I do like America very much, but I don't even pretend I understand them.

People here are afraid of:

1. People coming to steal their food when society breaks down.

2. The big bad gubment imposing martial law and taking their freedumz!

I don't quite understand Americans either, and I am one.

Last edited:
In UK they are now throwing out the stuff they didn't want but bought in a panic weeks and months ago, happily toilet rolls don't go out of date.

I think what may be happening is that folks without weapons are suddenly waking up to the idea that maybe in a society suddenly confronted by shortages of what have been perceived as essentials, (like fresh cooked pizza, the absence of which is certainly the first harbinger of doom) they would be one harbinger short of a catastrophic breakdown of the society which would result in riffraff breaking into homes to steal people's mozzarella. In this country we defend our mozzarella, let alone our freedom (to buy and eat pizza) with our lives. Therefore I think the people procuring mozzarella defense weapons (commonly and mistakenly believed to be for "home defense") are mainly those without weaponry, unless of course they are looking to upgrade to anti-tank artillery or land mines when things really go to sh*t. That's my current theory, but I could be wrong. Ok, it's a stupid post... Remember that 40 proof saliva before judging. There may be more such contributions.

You should drink much more, or much less.

When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away.

From responding to the wrong address.

But seriously folks, in various areas around the country they are letting criminals out of jail so they won't catch COVID-19 and a number of district attorneys have decided that many crimes are not worth prosecuting, or at least requiring bail even if they are arrested.

Hey guys,

For anyone interested in the historical aspects of viral pandemics involving the USA in the past 100 years or so (and by extension the rest of the world).

Found this a couple of years ago when I was researching WWII operational stuff and got sidetracked into medical aspects of the war, which led me to some WWI stuff and medical aspects of that war, etc. Just found the links again:

1918 Pandemic Influenza Historic Timeline | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC

Influenza Milestones 1917 – 2009 Timeline | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-re...images/pandemic-flu-milestone-infographic.jpg

Plus this for the 2009 influenza pandemic:

2009 H1N1 Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread