Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I came across in my readings. What do you guys think?

"at the2 University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, scientists say they may have found one already. What's more, is that their findings show their supposed treatment can be rolled out rapidly to reduce the spread of the virus. The delivery system is not one injection, but in a fingertip-sized patch containing 400 "microneedles" (via NY Post):

The researchers announced their findings Thursday and believe the vaccine could be rolled out quickly enough to "significantly impact the spread of disease," according to their study published in EBioMedicine.

The vaccine would be delivered on a small, fingertip-sized patch. When tested on mice, the vaccine produced enough antibodies believed to successfully counteract the virus.

[…]

"These two viruses, which are closely related to SARS-CoV-2, teach us that a particular protein, called a spike protein, is important for inducing immunity against the virus," read a statement from co-senior author Andrea Gambotto, M.D., associate professor of surgery at the Pitt School of Medicine.

"We knew exactly where to fight this new virus."

[…]

Researchers said they sided with using a patch, rather than a traditional needle, to deliver the spike protein to the skin, which elicits the strongest immune reaction.

The patch contains 400 tiny "microneedles" made of sugar and protein pieces. It would be applied like a Band-Aid with the needles dissolving into the skin.

The vaccine would be "highly scalable" for widespread use, the researchers said in a news release."

Waiting to see the results.

Reportedly, there's a conspiracy theory thst Covd-19 is being spread by 5G networks.

How goddamn stupid can people be? The CT mob claims to have "secret knowledge"; many of them only show their special and deep stupidly.

Starting to get an elevated temperature and feeling very under the weather. No cough as of yet. I am isolating from my wife and children to be on the safe side. We'll see.

Italy report, 5 p.m. (CEST), today
cases 124,632, new 4,805, deaths 15,362, new 681, recovered 20,996, new 1,238, tests 657,224, new 37375
on the recovered that counted are only hospital dismissed, the positives that recovered in house are not counted or are not counted in all the region in Lombardy the regional press conference give around 26k recovered ~half hospital dismissed and ~half without hospital passage
fatality rate 12.3%
mortality rate 255 per million
test rate 10.9 per thousand
test rate today 620 per million

Hi Cris i very much hope for the best. Now although you must think the worst ( i would) , it still can be a more common bug. Allergie, flu whatever. Certainly after 24 days. Keep strong. Keep washing those hands.

Temp now a 100.6. I will call and see if they will test now. None of the shortness of breath or cough yet. Just fever, headache, body aches and chills. I really just need to know because of the family. Its not like they will give me anything regardless.

The weird thing is that I have been working from home, and have not been out in 24 days. Neither has my family.

Chris,

There are some weird bugs doing the rounds at present, some of which are scarily like COVID. One of my work colleagues had been fine until a few days ago, then started feeling really rough. Said his chest felt like an elephant was standing on it, and so painful that it kept him awake at night. He also had a slight fever. Managed to get tested which came back negative.
I hope your current affliction is something similar to my colleague. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread