Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just lucky that I've built up some reserves, and between the Gov't subsidy and that I can keep going for 3-4 months without any income.

Well, hang in there Aaron. Keep us updated.

The airline has very different plans for what happens going forward. Very few international flights and retirement of some of the fleet of Triple Sevens, as well as A320s, but domestic and regional will likely not change, which is a relief for us in Nelson.

Yeah, it stands to reason that this is all just temporary and we'll just get back to the same old ways eventually and do nothing for carbon reduction overall. But what I was trying to figure out is whether the reduced rate that we are now pumping out is what we would have to do every year to get on the reduction curve that the climate change experts say we need to be on. Or would we need to do even more. Anyway, this is all off topic and should go to a separate thread if there's interest.

Well, hang in there Aaron. Keep us updated.

The airline has very different plans for what happens going forward. Very few international flights and retirement of some of the fleet of Triple Sevens, as well as A320s, but domestic and regional will likely not change, which is a relief for us in Nelson.
Hopefully things will pick up relatively quickly domestically. I know there's a lot being done behind the scenes, particularly for GA.

Minnesota report, April 8
cases 1,154, recovered 632, hospitalized 271, deaths 39, tested 30,753*
fatality rate 3.4%
mortality rate 6.8 per million
tests rate 5.4 per thousand*
*Test kits are still in short supply, and are currently being used only for suspected COVID-19 cases and first responder/healthcare/medical personnel.

Here in Spain the situation begins to stabilize, with a contagion rate of. 1 / 0.98 soon there will be a lot of infections yesterday, the first day with less than 5000 new infections, but a rebound in deaths, here we are at 9.9% deaths and 38.7% cured, next week they will A population study of half a million people in 13 autonomous communities (for those who do not know it, Spain is constituted in a configuration of autonomous regions where all or almost all the powers of the state are transferred to regional governments), to make a study of asymptomatic and to know the population epidemiological level, since if it is close to 60% of the infected population or that it has overcome the infection it is considered an immunized population and it would begin to lift the confinement ... question that those who have respiratory complications, of some organ or immundepressants we would have an indefinite confinement until the vaccine was obtained or if we were lucky as with sars 1 and it disappeared completely ... here they have made a study and the death this virus produces for you. multi-organ failure, nl only the lungs have inflammation, if not the liver, panceas, stomach, heart even the heart ...

Since I was employed in the automotive business, I had to go to work because we were deemed "essential", however, with a drastic reduction in customer income, I was not deemed essential to the company, so I was laid off today.
Well, I guess that means you'll be sitting at home quite a lot -- if you have netflix, hulu, and so on, you might want to get in on that.

Since I was employed in the automotive business, I had to go to work because we were deemed "essential", however, with a drastic reduction in customer income, I was not deemed essential to the company, so I was laid off today.

Great...
It is about time you get a break djeezz.

Great...

Sorry to hear that. This thing is hitting the entire economy and it feels like nobody is immune from financial impacts. Hope things pick up soon and that you'll get taken back on.

Here in Spain the situation begins to stabilize, with a contagion rate of. 1 / 0.98 soon there will be a lot of infections yesterday, the first day with less than 5000 new infections, but a rebound in deaths, here we are at 9.9% deaths and 38.7% cured, next week they will A population study of half a million people in 13 autonomous communities (for those who do not know it, Spain is constituted in a configuration of autonomous regions where all or almost all the powers of the state are transferred to regional governments), to make a study of asymptomatic and to know the population epidemiological level, since if it is close to 60% of the infected population or that it has overcome the infection it is considered an immunized population and it would begin to lift the confinement ... question that those who have respiratory complications, of some organ or immundepressants we would have an indefinite confinement until the vaccine was obtained or if we were lucky as with sars 1 and it disappeared completely ... here they have made a study and the death this virus produces for you. multi-organ failure, nl only the lungs have inflammation, if not the liver, panceas, stomach, heart even the heart ...

Have they confirmed that those recovered have immunity?

Virtual patient update...

Day 6 of symptoms. Had a persistent strong cough last night. Could not sleep on my back. Slept on my left side the entire time. Woke up every 30 minutes with anxiety that I could not breath*.

Woke up this morning with continued throat chest discomfort and cough. This remains mild though.

*Note: This was all mental. At no time was I in respiratory distress. I could breath just fine. It was all in my head.*

Unfortunately, the FDA has only approved one test for COVID antibodies and I don't know how widespread they've been distributed. If we're struggling to distribute infection tests, I imagine we have similar problems getting the antibody tests to the community.

If that test has been "distributed widely" like the actual virus test kits have, then it hasn't been distributed at all.

Have they confirmed that those recovered have immunity?
Here they found that people with mild symptomes had considerably less amount of anti-bodies in their blood. Not sure what it means, yet, but it might be that less symptomes correlate with a lower level of immunity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back