Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they confirmed that those recovered have immunity?

I tell you what health says after a small study from the Carlos III university that works as a research center on covid here in Spain, those cured in their blood have antibodies to eviatr recontagiate, but they cannot assure the lasting or lasting immunity of the virus it is very new and the studies must spend more time, in order to have a long-term study.

Here they found that people with mild symptomes had considerably less amount of anti-bodies in their blood. Not sure what it means, yet, but it might be that less symptomes correlate with a lower level of immunity.

In some studies that the Spanish administration works that have presented and placed it open to have access to whoever they want, they say that the sars2 virus has been with us for a while, although it was not infectious for humans, that there is certain tolerance to the virus for a certain type of people, they are doing studies in 800 cases of people who have not presented symptoms (asymptomatic) and mild symptoms to see what may be what makes them so and not catch it. doing a study of the medications and diseases that have happened in case it was something prior that was inoculated.
being new everything is all study and trials.

keep everyone safe and take care, if you can follow the advice of the OMS

Here they are saying that it has not not been verified that they have immunity when the revover, but it is a good possibility that they do for at least a few months.

spain sars-cov 2 pandemic estatistics today

Total infected: 169469 infected yesterday: 3477
total deaths: 17489 deaths yesterday: 517
Total healed: 64,727 Healed yesterday: 2,336
3.05% increase in deaths compared to Sunday
2.09% increase in infections compared to Sunday

death rate by age
+80 years 21.5%
70-79 10.7%
60-69 3.45%
50-59 1.01%
40-49 0.47%

20,000 daily tests in addition to those carried out in nursing homes that are about 75,000 daily. to date, 7 million tests of symptomatic and sick people, 65,000 tests in 13 communities of population without symptoms for an epidemiological study of asymptomatic and control of healed without symptoms.

You too Tim. Are there any known cases in Nanton? I mean COVID cases, not nut cases!

Thats a very sad way of looking at things
I agree, very sad, but it's the elephant in the living room and won't go away by tiptoeing around it. A natural effect of the tribalization of our societies today which I lay at the feet of social media, the consolidation of "big journalism", and economic stratification of society. There's not much that any one of us can do alone about those forces, but we can all reach out to our neighbors, give up a little of our expensive "privacy" to those less fortunate than we, and make sure "social" distancing is purely physical, not cultural, economic, or social. I've got several neighbors who lean rather hard to the right hand end of the spectrum, but who are actually pretty decent folks when you get to know them. Despite being born and raised in the same geographical area, they've grown up in a different world than I did, largely due to the economics of their neighborhoods. Second only to public health and safety, our priority should be re-establishing a sense of community with those we disagree with and getting outside our individual hall of mirrors. If we all try we can light the candle at the end of the tunnel.
Cheers,
Wes

Italy report, 5 p.m. (CEST), 13th April
cases 159,516, new 3,153, deaths 20,465, new 566, recovered 35,435, new 1,224, tests 1,046,910, new 36,717* * both yesterday and today in Italy are Holyday
fatality rate 12.8%
mortality rate 339 per million
test rate 17.4 per thousand
test rate today 609 per million

Lombardy extends the quarantine for the positives to 4 weeks

It seems to me that the "Antibody Test" (whichever version get off the ground) will in and of itself create a new minority, i.e. the immune and the non-immune.
How are you going to mix the two in the work place, for example. They were talking a while ago about a "certification" that you were immune and could therefore return to your job

I though in Japan and Korea they noted a number of people who got it again.

It's all really unknown at this point.

1. The test that said they were cured could have been false.

2. The virus could have been dormant.

3. The test may be picking non-active remnants of the virus and reporting a positive.

4. They could have been re-infected and there is no immunity.

Who knows at this point.

Accept for that to work, you have to know if there is actual immunity. I can see that aspect of being totally ignored just to "open back up".

There are also some specifics that contribute to the higher percentages of African-American cases and death. Black folks tend to have a higher percentage of underlying conditions, especially diabetes. Secondly, a higher percentage of African-Americans live in densely-populated cities, which are the hardest hit areas. These are measurable faxts. The theories/reasons for the heath and demographic disparities are beyond the scope of what I want to say on the forum, as per the rule not delve into political/partisan discussions.

Take care evey one and stay safe.

But of course, racial/ethnic minorities are always going to get the short end of the stick, become sicker by the numbers, and be seen as threats to public health. Ugly but true.

Ugly, true, and frequently used to political advantage, most often and most egregiously by nationalist movements, but history is full of political movements who have come to prominence specifically by demonizing ethnic minorities. Examples abound, but there are a lot in the US, such as all the Dixiecrats and their current ideological descendants.

Not to mention all those "good" liberals in the north that used relining to prevent African-Americans from moving out of the cities and diverted investment out of urban areas as they voted in JFK and LBJ.

The theories/reasons for the heath and demographic disparities are beyond the scope of what I want to say on the forum, as per the rule not delve into political/partisan discussions.
No need to delve into the theories/reasons. They're pretty well known at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread