Coronavirus Thread (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of he said she said going on. Frankly, I am tried of it. I know I have been locked up since the 13th of March. I didn't clean out my classroom never thinking school would be shut down for the year. My wife has type 1 diabetes, so that worries me all the time. I have type 2, which doesn't help when you stress. All the complaining and name calling we see in the news helps nothing. Let's all get out and vote (if we can) to make ourselves heard. This is scary stuff. I have a friend who was my mentor my first year teaching who just got married in August 2019. Her husband died this month. He was 35. I know it's hard to resist commenting on it. Me and brothers all voted in different directions, so go figure. Now good news, I have to sign up for 40 hours of virtual PD, yay!

Just in case you needed to think about it...

072DB707-BB5B-4C9C-9361-0881F9470881.jpeg

Stay safe everyone. Get well soon those who are unwell

There is a lot of he said she said going on. Frankly, I am tried of it. I know I have been locked up since the 13th of March. I didn't clean out my classroom never thinking school would be shut down for the year. My wife has type 1 diabetes, so that worries me all the time. I have type 2, which doesn't help when you stress. All the complaining and name calling we see in the news helps nothing. Let's all get out and vote (if we can) to make ourselves heard. This is scary stuff. I have a friend who was my mentor my first year teaching who just got married in August 2019. Her husband died this month. He was 35. I know it's hard to resist commenting on it. Me and brothers all voted in different directions, so go figure. Now good news, I have to sign up for 40 hours of virtual PD, yay!

My condolences to you and your friend.

Stay safe and take care of your family.

I never let my wife do any shopping. I do it all. I was sick back in March. Many of my students came in sick and I eventually became sick too. For awhile there in March I lost all sense of smell and taste. I couldn't taste or smell anything. My senses finally came back, so I think I might have had as well.

Chances are you did. And I do all the shopping right now. We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old that are attached to her like white on rice. If she got sick it would be bad.
My 3 year old is attached to us at the hip. The 11,9 and 8 year old not so much.

Today in Australasia is ANZAC day, the day we honour our war dead and those that served with dawn parades, other parades and a public holiday.

For many years part of this has involved the flyover of most daytime parades by warbirds and the daytime parades are staggered so that the flyover takes place about mid parade at most locations.

This year our Chief Medical Officer proved what a complete and utter moron she is by banning the flyovers.

Here is her "logic".
Yet we can still get in our car to go shopping or to visit friends (so long as no more than two visitors at once).

AND she is the person who has issued hundreds of permits for more than 10 people at a funeral and you can travel long distances for that. At least one exception allowed 80 at a funeral.
@#$%^&*() hypocrite.

View attachment 578696

Sad too that Doctors have to even say this...
Just in case you needed to think about it..

Stay safe everyone. Get well soon those who are unwell

The NEJM statement is hilarious!

Ah, a little disinfectant is good for the system.
CDC says that 70% alcohol will kill almost all viruses, these three gentleman, having dutifully watched the President's press conference are now diligently going through Coronavirus elimination protocol with 75% Bacardi 151 disinfectant...

maxresdefault.jpg

Minnesota report, April 24
cases 3,185, recovered 1,594, hospitalized 756, deaths 221, tested 53,787*
fatality rate 6.9%
mortality rate 38.8 per million
tests rate 9.4 per thousand*
*Test kits are still in short supply, however, at the current time test kit processing is limited more by lack of materials (primarily reagents). Current testing primarily reflects use for suspected COVID-19 cases and first responder/healthcare/medical personnel. However, use is increasing in non-hospital facilities where COVID-19 cases have occurred (nursing homes, meat packing plants, etc) in order to determine if a facility needs to be closed or can continue in operation.

This is one time that the Chinese should have kept what they made. I highly suspect that this is no natural virus because no one was catching it before. Not only that, the "Bat" virus has been around for thousands of years and never effected anyone until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back