Correct Sized Pictures (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Right then my old munchkings ! why is it that some modellers still can't get it right in displaying the correct size picture :oops: Surely it's advisable to PREVIEW your post before you ACTUALLY post it.

Get it right guys, We don't wan't pictures as big as what you see at the back of a bus :shock:

I bet Wurger gets fed up of changing them !

ian.

Once youve made that goof up, I dont think there is any way for a standard member to fix the mistake either....or is there?

If you resize pics with MS Paint before uploading to Photobucket, upload times are a lot quicker too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always resize in Picture manager and save to a secondary folder within the folder that has the original pics, so I keep the originals as is.

I save all the pics on an external hard drive, resize and enhance with IrfanView and save on my computer in Adobe. Seems to work well enough.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

I can recommend IrfanView for resizing, It's easy to use and work like a dream.
Oh okay, admitted: I use it when I don't want to bother starting up Photoshop to twiddle with my pics. ;)
Good lil' program. :thumbleft:
For pic linking I use either my Picasa gallery, or my Facebook gallery - easy to use too, and easy to link to.

Just use MS Paint people. It is already installed on your computer, very easy to use, and only takes a few seconds.

I really don't understand why people have such a problem with this, and keep searching for "programs" to do so.

Use MS Paint!

Of course I have rersized less shots here than you Dan. :D I have been a mamber just for a few years.
And I agree the Irfanview is a very useful free software.With all plugins there is a possibility of easy converting many graphic type files into other ones as well.That's way I recommend the program to everybody who wants to show us whole pictures without scrolling.

Attachments

• Irfanview1.jpg
    Irfanview1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 148
I personally delete any resized pictures (not to save HDD space) because I just resize again whenever I have to upload anything. Depending if I am doing work on the pictures or not I'm editing them, if so I'll use Photoshop CS3 Extended or Irfanview.

Just use MS Paint people. It is already installed on your computer, very easy to use, and only takes a few seconds.

I really don't understand why people have such a problem with this, and keep searching for "programs" to do so.

Use MS Paint!

MS paint uses a very simple algorithm for resizing. Infraview uses a better one which makes interpolations to get the best positions of the pixels. This gives you a better quality IMHO then Paint:

I held off using Infraview for a long time because I felt more comfortable with MS Paint.
Now that I use Infraview I never want to go back. IMO, It is much better.
The price for Infraview isn't bad either. ;)

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back