**** DONE: 1/12 Art Chester Racer - From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As I said before, I am an OOB builder, I follow the plans. Albeit, sometimes with regret.... The leading edge should have been 3/32 square balsa.

Charles

Under great friend of mine did you do expect to see the end just as well as the rest, you'll have the space to have so many large aircraft.

Sergio: I hang them from the ceiling, in the garage...

Just finished re-covering the bad section of the wing. The spilled clear dope sealed the wing and in would not shrink. Now to trim it and spritz it down with water. Pic's tomorrow...

Charles

As promised here is a pic of the port wing, after removing the tissue and recovering, and spritzing with water. It's pinned down to prevent warping.

Also, note the tablecloth. Black white checks ! If you look at previous pic's, (see post #17) you'll see it was red white. The spilled clear dope removed all the coloring ! So I had to get SHMBO a new table cloth. Ah.... what I do to keep peace
in the family !!!

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0026.JPG
    DSCN0026.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I like the new tablecloth :D

The current progress on the wing is looking great :)

You've recovered well from a couple of nasty moments Charles, the new table cloth looks great and the pics are even better. I have a Coolpix S8100 which I use for all my travel pictures, it's a great little camera.

Thanks, Fellas.... Now I have to do something to both wings. If you noticed, both leading edges are "scalloped". They should be straight. The trailing edges are OK, the area between the first and second rib is suppose to be narrower (at the wing root). Just add a strip of balsa and sand to shape.

Wheels are on order, so I can't do anything there. Need to paint with the 50/50 mix.

Charles

Dishwasher is in the kitchen, and that's out of bounds for modelling. Shoot.... I'm lucky I can use the breakfast room !

I did get the 1/16" spar glued to the leading edges of the wings. Will sand tomorrow, and post pic's.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back