**** DONE: 1/40 Grumman F-14 "Tomcat" - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice (fiddly) work there Charles!
And yeah, not too sexy those rails (the design itself, not your work), but go for the historical accuracy!

Looking good but you have attached them in a wrong way I'm afraid. Here two images I found via the net..... these should help.

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

The above pic's are not the way my plans show. On my plans the smaller rail is up. However, this is correctable. Will work on it today.

Charles

The damage, done to the underside by removing the rocket rails has been repaired, and several coats of the 50/50 mix has been applied to the new tissue. We're just about ready to re-attach the rocket rails, per Wojtek's pic's. Raining, AGAIN ! So no painting.

Also, noticed a serious warp in one of the rudders. Hosed it down with very hot water, then pinned it with some pieces of paint stirrers.

BTW... several of you plastic modellers have expressed a desire to try a balsa model. I have some duplicates in my stash; if someone would like to have one PM me.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2624.JPG
    DSC_2624.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_2625.JPG
    DSC_2625.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 85
BTW... several of you plastic modellers have expressed a desire to try a balsa model. I have some duplicates in my stash; if someone would like to have one PM me.

Charles

Maybe we should create a GB for a such models. Every participant could make his own balsa model and rest from the plastic dust.

ccheese said:

Maybe we should create a GB for a such models. Every participant could make his own balsa model and rest from the plastic dust.

Not to hi-jack my thread, but I think this would be a good idea. I feel real bad about being the only balsa modeller in a sea of plastic.

Charles

Bring it on, just pick the time and a theme if you want and we will slot it in. I'll stick with the plastic dust though, far too many kit to hack my way through.

Bring it on, just pick the time and a theme if you want and we will slot it in. I'll stick with the plastic dust though, far too many kit to hack my way through.

First, I'd see how many are really interested and would participate in a balsa/tissue GB. Me and deckape are the only two that I know of that build balsa. Really, I don't see it happening.

Got the rocket rails on, correctly, this time. If it will ever stop raining, I might get it painted.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2637.JPG
    DSC_2637.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back