**** DONE: 1/48 Beaufighter Mk.21 - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here you go then Even, nothing spectacular. I've spent a number of days fiddling with PE which when you think about it, is a total waste of time with this machine as about 90% will be locked up unseen when finished. So why do I bother! I wish I knew!

20130522-1b.jpg

20130522-1a.jpg

20130522-1c.jpg

20130522-1d.jpg

20130522-1e.jpg

I slapped some paint on this arvo and hope to add some detail tomorrow.

I've spent a number of days fiddling with PE which when you think about it, is a total waste of time with this machine as about 90% will be locked up unseen when finished. So why do I bother! I wish I knew!

Yep.. this is a modeller's dilemma. Anyway a good job my friend. All details look nice.

"A modelers dilemma" sounds like the title of a song.
It's difficult to Not do parts that will not be seen, cuz it'ss the Doing that keeps us entertained.

Looks like a good start Vic old boy.

Good stuff Vic. The most prominently visible item through the canopy is that heater ducting, on the starboard wall, stretching back to the observer's position.

Just remembered one of the other 'errors' with the kit Vic - the elevator trim tab actuators are wrong. I'd have to check to be certain, but from memory, they're on the wrong side on each side - top rather than bottom and so on. Easily checked and remedied, and they're only triangular lumps anyway, so you'll probably remove them and improve the looks with stretched sprue and card or similar.

Just remembered one of the other 'errors' with the kit Vic - the elevator trim tab actuators are wrong. I'd have to check to be certain, but from memory, they're on the wrong side on each side - top rather than bottom and so on. Easily checked and remedied, and they're only triangular lumps anyway, so you'll probably remove them and improve the looks with stretched sprue and card or similar.

Yep actuators should be on the undersides of the tailplanes.

here's my effort, when i did my Green Ghost MkXXI

tab.jpg

Thanks guys, I've just come in from the shed after splashing some paint on bits, it's blowing a chill wind outside.

Also, thanks Terry and Karl, I was looking at that actuator yesterday and also sorting out the gun configuration, the Aussies opted for only four .50 calibre Browning in the wings of the Mk.21 rather than the six .303 inch Browning's, so I've also got a couple of holes to plug. I'm still unsure of the undercart struts, some pics show a silver and some a sort of olive or dirty green, depending on picture shading. I may opt for the green as this seems to be predominant theme in many of the jungle shots I've been able to find.

I've made a bit of good progress today, some detail work, getting rid of the unwanted bumps on the upper wing and sorting out the elevator trim tabs, i.e. getting shot of the wrong ones and make a couple of new ones on the underside of the tail.

20130523-1a.jpg

20130523-1b.jpg

20130523-1c.jpg

20130519-1b.jpg

20130523-1d.jpg

20130523-1e.jpg

Thanks Bill and Wojtek, I'm trying a couple of new construction approaches with this one and so far things seem to be working out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back