**** DONE: 1/48 Beaufighter Mk.21 - Heavy Hitters II GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff Vic. Note that the hot air ducting was a very light grey, almost white - I'm fairly sure it was made with asbestos! Can't remember what the kit parts are like, but it ended abruptly, as an open 'pipe', just forward of the front edge of the Observer's upper blister hatch. Got a photo if you need one.

I agree with Terry on the colour of the hot air ducting. Here it is visible partially only. But the colour is like Terry said.

beau5.jpg

heaterduct.jpg

beau cockpit.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for looking in and the kind words folks and a special thanks to the two model masters for the heads-up. You had me rushing into the hanger and splashing paint on before breakfast. Haven't gone totally white with the colour but certainly used a very light grey. Have to admit it is a bit of a "Heath Robinson" heating system.

Here is today's progress, and were almost ready to close up.

20130524-1a.jpg

20130524-1b.jpg

20130524-1c.jpg

It's looking the biz Vic. Not sure about Aussie Beaus, but British-built aircraft had the gun sight on a 'swing out' mount, attached the the windscreen frame on the starboard side. This could be folded back, along the side screen, or swung into place fore and aft when required.

Thanks guys, gunsight not yet finished, need to paint the sighting platform and add the screen, but when done she will be lined up ready for use. Should get her buttoned up today after I've finished all my daily chores.

Last edited:
Following this morning's post I kind of had a rethink on the configuration of this machine and have decided to change track. I'm now going to show it fully loaded with the rocket rails and a few rockets in place. I've seen a few pictures where a number of differing kinds of rockets are fitted from the slim line American type, some bulbous nosed type and the proverbial concrete headed type.

Anyway, to facilitate this the wing cannon hols needed to be plugged, a simple enough task which has been done. The whole wing is now made up but as yet not attached to the body, I need to sort out lights and do some work on the undercarriage first.

Here's a couple of pics of the hole plugging.

20130527-1b.jpg

20130527-1c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back