Looking brill mate! I wouldn't worry about your earlier thing with the colours - those particular shades seem to do that, which is what they were designed for of course! My Avenger seems to change colours at different angles! (Must get it finished!)
The weathering and gun stains look great, you're definitley getting better all the time mate.
Just a note, you know the thing at the back of the canopy that archs out? That is supposed to be solid, like the braces, as it's part of the metal brace. I can't tell from the photos if it's painted or not, but I thought I'd let you know!
Cheers Cory i wasnt sure about that bit , i thought it was just a strip of metal, i'll fill it in asap.
here's afew pics, i'm waiting for the weather here in smoggie land to improve so i can get some outdoor shots for the finished thread.
I tried this morning but still to cloudy for decent pictures
you know Cory i knew the F4U was a big aircraft, what i didnt realise was how huge the P-47 was, just comparing my two models !
as for my two kits i love my 2 big too heavy, but have always had a thing for the bent wing bird and i'm proud of the job i've made of it in FAA colours, just waiting for the sun to come out for some decent pictures