**** DONE: 1/48 F3F-3 – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Might be more than week, have to work tomorrow.
Sorry Wayne, didn't mean to get you excited.
Been doing some more detail painting last night....
But I must say, it's too fast, may be going for the F2b.....

Attachments

• GB16 F3F VF-5 3a 3rd post.jpg
    GB16 F3F VF-5 3a 3rd post.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 58
  • GB16 F3F VF-5 3b cockpit.jpg
    GB16 F3F VF-5 3b cockpit.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 78
  • GB16 F3F VF-5 3c engine.jpg
    GB16 F3F VF-5 3c engine.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 78
Well I just did a test on an old body piece, and the yellow is a tad too bright. The silver is showing thru a bit, so for the wings? I am not too sure. I will have to do the red over silver tho cuz that's what I did for the tail and nose.

Sorry I didn't answer your comments on the blades. I will try and find a 48th Corsair prop, then I'll have to, as you pointed out, a suitable profile to use as a pattern. This kit has a 3 blade prop, but! it's only 5'-8" dia. and the 3 is supposed to have an 8'-6" 3 blade prop. Ham Std at first, then to a Curtis Elect at the end of the run?

Anyway, I just fin the instruments. I used the little punch and punched out decals, slid the off into the holes with Future in the hole and then a drop of it on top and let it dry. What a trip. Silver under and worked a treat. Didn;t think it would be as easy as it was. I ama thinkin I'll use this method from here on out.

Attachments

• GB16 VF-5 4 guages.JPG
    GB16 VF-5 4 guages.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 56
Good looking IP, glad you posted it, I forgot the red handles on mine. I haven't mounted it yet so a quick dab of paint and I'm off.
I sent you a PM with new info on the props, hope it helps!

Very fast work, it looks great :) I love the push rods on the addition of the engine, is that your own addition to the engines ? :)

Very fast work, it looks great :) I love the push rods on the addition of the engine, is that your own addition to the engines ? :)

Nope, all kit stuff...... the only thing I have added are the instrument decals. It's a nice kit, the wings are w bit wavy but otherwise cannot fault it so far.
Work today so nothing till tonight.

Paul, I just sprayed some red on my sacrificial piece, and will try some yellow over see if I can get the read to tint. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Not a bad kit....... but look at the top wing!!!!!!!!!

Paul has put me on to a couple things about the 3 model. 1. The exhaust has a fairing not on the 2 version, and the exhaust has been shortened. 2. Vents at the front behind the cowling and rear just above the leading edge of the horiz stabs had been eliminated. 3. A Curtis electric prop had been used on the 3 model, so I have modified the hub on the kit prop. I had a rather Rube Goldburg looking jig to make sure the hub was straight and true.

You can see the top wing has a flow problem during the injection process. Don't have a clue what I might do with That......

Attachments

• GB16 VF-5 5a prop hub.jpg
    GB16 VF-5 5a prop hub.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 58
  • GB16 VF-5 5b rear vent.jpg
    GB16 VF-5 5b rear vent.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 66
  • GB16 VF-5 5c front vent.jpg
    GB16 VF-5 5c front vent.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 57
  • GB16 VF-5 5d prop hub cowl.jpg
    GB16 VF-5 5d prop hub cowl.jpg