**** DONE: 1/48 F3F-3 – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nah, nothing more satisfying than a salvage job. It's not Perfect, but for this old timer....

I may start shaping the fairings, just to keep from mucking up my gear pod salvage job on the whipper schnipper.

I'll say. I'm impressed, Bill ! I probably would have tossed it and went in another direction.

Charles

+1 plus I would have yelled at it first then tossed :S

None of this is Difficult to do, just takes some time to work it out as to How to do it.

Now How big was that Corsair someone hung in the Naval Academy Library???? F4F-3?

So today, no work, fell asleep for a while today. Imagine, and old gray haired man watching what was taped last night, cup of coffee sitting on the table beside him. His wife has left for work, he's sitting in his boxers, drooling on his shirt, snoring while the TV blares away......

I did wake long enough to start painting and gluing. Fusey is together. Painted the wings silver, flat as they were doped silver. Painted the who of the top of the upper wing red, as the yellow will go over this for a deeper orange tint thru. I will mask the "V" and let this red be the chevron color. Fuselage was bright aluminum.

***Oh and I have done the fairing for the exhaust, one side. the other got a little buggard up and needs resizing..... I sailor on

Attachments

• GB16 VF-5 8a.jpg
    GB16 VF-5 8a.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 56
  • GB16 VF-5 8b.jpg
    GB16 VF-5 8b.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 63
Lookin' fine, I will watch how that top wing comes out, might do the same when I get back to mine.
And, put some pants on....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back