**** DONE: 1/48 Fairey Gannet AS.1 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks a bunch chaps. Not much progress to show, but it's coming together slowly.

120926-1A.jpg

120926-1B.jpg

Thanks guys, you're a good bunch and your comments are really appreciated.

Wing fold mechanisms look great!
What are those thingies (vents/intakes?) on the sides of the fuselage painted red?

Paul, If I could answer that I would be a happy man. As it is I am thinking that they are vents, those that face forward, for either cooling overheated onboard radio or radar equipment, or if facing backwards exhaust vents to either release gasses or heat from engine or aforementioned equipment. Should anybody know the answer I would be delighted to know.

Today I've concentrated on the navigation lighting. So far I have only found three nav points, each wing tip as is normal and at the rear of the tail. After looking at many pictures diagrams and profiles, it would seem these are the only three. As it is the kit provides nothing of this nature so it's a start from scratch process. Here is the pictorial process.

120927-1A.jpg

120927-1B.jpg

120927-1C.jpg

120927-1D.jpg

120927-1E.jpg

120927-1F.jpg

Nicely done Vic. There is also an anti-collision beacon on the fuselage spine, shown here on the Elvington example, although on your version, the exact location might be slightly different, depending on the position of the aft end of the rear cockpit. I'll see if I can find a pic showing the beacon on your ASW version.

Attachments

• Elvington 029.jpg
    Elvington 029.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Elvington 030.jpg
    Elvington 030.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Back