**** DONE: 1/48 Fairey Gannet AS.1 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Step 1: prefer tea
Step 2: would have been better if I'd cleaned them
Step 3: model!!!!……………………which one…………….Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima, Naomi Campbell……………..

Thanks for the compliments chaps, very much appreciated. I've not much to show for all my pains this time, it's been a labour of love fixing these wings and tail and then cleaning up as best we could after.

Lucky for me the undercarriage hydraulics were a simple though fiddly task, but there all done now so I then moved onto masking and generally getting ready for some spraying come tomorrow. I'll need to give this beast a good undercoat just to check out for flaws as I'm sure I'll find some.

120921-1A.jpg

120921-1B.jpg

It should be a relatively clean finish to this build as I've scoured many an Aussie Gannet and as yet have not found one dirty one. The exception being this guy when it belly landed and was covered in foam, but that would have to be another build.

Theres one of these beasts at Pima.

View attachment 211962

It is a nice shot and shows me the way the props are fitted for the counter-rotating spin. Thanks a bunch.

Thanks also to all you kind folks out there, makes me blush!!!

So this is where up to at this moment. Underbelly and sides sprayed in SKY and don't worry folks it looks correct in real light, this was taken under a mini fluoro. Will mask up come the morrow and give the upper half some paint.

120923-1A.jpg

120923-1B.jpg

Sky is one of thoses colors along with Olive Drab that lighting will make it look one way or the other., keep at it I cant wait to see this one finished!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back