**** DONE: 1/48 Kawasaki Ki-10 'Perry' - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I continued on with the balance of the decals, slapped on some softener and let them settle. Next stage was to add small triangles and squares over the problem areas, this lead to differing shades due to some having the single versus double layers of orange yellow...so I used up a fair bit of the other kit supplied fuselage band to overlay almost all of the decal area so the double layer gave a uniform appearance overall. This took most of yesterday's and todays lunch hour break. In the end if you look real close you can pick out the different shapes I overlayed/applied...now if I didn't tell you about them then you are more likely not to notice them at all....I will run a bit more decal softener over them tomorrow so everything is snug and flat as the outer more visible surface sat better than the iner area....a coat of gloss should effectively fill the edges and give an improved finish to the surface.

Attachments

• 78_Wheel Spat Decals_3941.jpg
    78_Wheel Spat Decals_3941.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 79_Wheel Spat decals_3934.jpg
    79_Wheel Spat decals_3934.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 69
  • 80_Wheel Spat Decals_3950.jpg
    80_Wheel Spat Decals_3950.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Damn me if that is one heck of a curve to decal. You worked wonders there Wayne.

I often wonder when doing curved surfaces if it would help cutting little nicks in the decal before soaking it, help the decal settle better. Have you ever tried this Wayne!

Damn me if that is one heck of a curve to decal. You worked wonders there Wayne.

I often wonder when doing curved surfaces if it would help cutting little nicks in the decal before soaking it, help the decal settle better. Have you ever tried this Wayne!

Thanks Vic, well if you dont cut the decal before, during and after...all the while adding the softener, then soak it up and repeat to get it to settle then your dead meat, it will crinkle and leave unsightly ridges...so yes I absolutely cut the little b@stards, this little escapade has taken the best part of 3 lunch periods so some 2 1/2-3 hours in total so far!

Thanks fellas, ok got the decals to settle on the spats and added some gloss and fitted them in place, look ok, I think...

Attachments

• 81_Wheels Attached_3965.jpg
    81_Wheels Attached_3965.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 82_Wheels Attached_3964.jpg
    82_Wheels Attached_3964.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 83_Wheels attached_3966.jpg
    83_Wheels attached_3966.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back