**** DONE: 1/48 Kawasaki Ki-10 'Perry' - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, I'm happy it worked out, Andy I took this path because I did have the back up decals to cover my butt...:D I really knew from experience there was going to be an issue so at least I was prepared for it.
Didn't get any time over the weekend...so glad I still have time to get over the line...

Worked on the rigging wires today, the etched set that i got just turned out to be a pain where the rigging wires were concerned, so again i turned to plan B and used .3 brass rod for the wiring each trimmed down and carefully bowed into their appropriate positions, 2 seem still to be bowed ever so slightly so will pull them tomorrow and cut a bees thingy off them...this should see them straight, once I am satisfied a tiny drop of superglue to secure them and bob's your uncle!

Mmm what colour should they in fact be..? pics tomorrow, left the camera home...

Have used brass rod in the past Wayne, found it hard yards what with the bowing and finding they also made the fragile wing mountings shift, as for colour, they would have been steel wires. Good luck with the rod mate.

Cheers Vic, lots of checking and testing for length and fit and no real problem except for the two tiny crossover wires on the forward fuselage beneath the upper wing....now they were a pain in the butt...to fit in place.

heres the pics, wires not painted yet...

Attachments

• 84_Rigging in place_3989.jpg
    84_Rigging in place_3989.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 85_Rigging in Place_3991.jpg
    85_Rigging in Place_3991.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 86_Rigging in Place_3992.jpg
    86_Rigging in Place_3992.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back