**** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5A - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally bit the bullet and drill in the holes for the fuselage antenna. I'll drill holes in the base of the antenna poles, glue in wire and then insert that into the holes. Not sure yet as to when I'll do this. I'll probably insert scrap wire into the holes to prevent the holes from plugging up and then paint the fuselage.

The two arrows point to holes that shouldn't have been drilled as this is where the base plates go.

Geo

OK, almost suffered a bit of a jammer. I was inserting the clear parts in preparation to closing the fuselage halves and all that was left was clear part #62. Part #62....Hellooooo??? Where are you? Sonova Beach, the ferlushinger part wasn't in the bag with the rest of the clear parts, in the box, on my table or under my table.

I checked other model sites and the subjects had the clear parts painted over. My only option now was to cover the opening from the inside with some clear plastic and then build it up with Clearfix. And then, out of desperation, I checked the plastic sprues. Mr. Revell, does this look clear to you?

Geo

Well then, it's unanimous. Won't get much done today, I've inserted the gunners position last night and it's setting up. I might glue the rear bulkhead in but I found out the hard way, "NEVER glue something in and then head to camp". Things have a way of moving slightly over the week if they aren't checked. I got lucky in that I could grind away the offending part. Have a good rest of your week, gentlemen.

Geo

You must have a very calm disposition to work with those antennae George. My camera has that focus problem sometimes. What I do is put my finger next to the object I'm trying to take a picture of, push the button part way down to let the camera focus on the finger, then take the finger away and take the shot. Doesn't always work and I sometimes get a picture of a finger, but it is a help sometimes.

Well Glenn, I've made 21 and kept 10 and only managed to draw blood twice. As for focusing, I've had the camera for a few years and never played with it other than changing from macro to normal to macro. So, with Andy's suggestion, I managed to find the Manual switch on my little Canon(I also have my big Canon on Auto but will play with that a lot this summer). This is the first manual shot...

...I'm going to take it into camp and see if I have any f-stop control and the other functions.

Geo

Just doing the catch-up George and I like the way your treating my favourite aircraft. Glad you also got the drill bit sizes sorted, I use these a lot in my modelling and yes, I also break a lot and I usually get them from the US, they are few and far between here and costly.

Users who are viewing this thread