**** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5A - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks kindly gentlemen. Kevin, you can credit Andy for the photo tip. When I used film camera I always played with the manual settings but got lazy with the digital cameras. Just got home, catching up and back at it tomorrow.

Geo

Last edited:
A nice pair of MGs...

006.JPG
008.JPG

...I was going to start buttoning up the fuselage tonight but forgot about the instrument panel. As it is going to be a ceiling hanger, I'm going to use the decal.

Geo

EDIT: just noticed that the guns were mirrored. Were the MGs left and right handed in real life or was this an error by the model maker?

Last edited:
Yea, I'm thinking the model maker took an easy way out. Anyhoo, the I.P. is done, drying, and then I can bolt her up. Not a big fan of white bezels, but as it's going to be a dangler, so whaddayagonna do about it...

001.JPG

Geo

Thanks for looking in gentlemen. Vic, because this is going to be a ceiling dangler, I'm seriously thinking of saving these for future use and finding something less detailed in the parts bin. Aaron, the guns were painted with Tamiya Gun Metal and given a Citadel wash...

006.JPG

Just need two glued parts to dry(just about forgot about them) and then the slow process of gluing the fuselage halves can begin. I say slow because the parts are so bloody big and if I get the tail section lined up, the front goes askew and vice versa. One last dig at Revell. These last two parts have to be mounted on lips from the inside. If you can make lips in the inside, you can make them on the outside. As it is, some tricky masking will be involved...

004.JPG

...possibly the last time anyone will see the cockpit.

002.JPG

Speaking of Revell, I phoned the head office sometime ago about a part and when the secretary said the company name, I was floored. I had always thought that Revell was pronounced like rebel, as in, I am a rebel, but it's pronounced rebel, as in, I will rebel. The more you know...

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back