**** DONE: 1/48 PBY-5A - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wojtek. I took the tape off and did a trial run and it should be OK(read filler will be needed). I just went through Vic's awesome build and he had no mention of a fit problem so it may be a one off.

Geo

This is coming along nicely George and I seem to remember having a similar fit problem myself with the two fuselage halves, not so much on the hull but on the wing support part. I also had a very warped wing that needed internal metal struts and a lot of clamping, weighting and heating to fix.

Soemetimes ( you know what ) happens.

Yep, seems to happen to most of my build, though most of them are George inflicted. :oops:

This is coming along nicely George and I seem to remember having a similar fit problem myself with the two fuselage halves, not so much on the hull but on the wing support part. I also had a very warped wing that needed internal metal struts and a lot of clamping, weighting and heating to fix.

I have a slight issue on the wing support as well but it's on the same side as the bottom mis-match which is odd.

Geo

Geo, see what you mean, that is quite a mis-match/warp. think you are right, glue in sections, or like Vic stated some heat and clamping to get the worst out before you even try to glue

Yep, not a pretty site, the problem area being here...

Untitled1.jpg

...close to a solution. Just need to calm down a tad first and regroup.

Geo

Thanks for sharing my pain. Baby steps happening. I used the knife to pry the halves some what level and then added glue and tape. I can now get the halves to touch and will glue some more later. Hopefully it won't act like a mouse trap and pop open during future handling.

007.JPG
008.JPG

Geo

Looks like you have done a wonder job on that George, looks solid enough and (tongue in cheek) should be okay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back