**** DONE: 1/48 RAAF P-39 Airacobra A53-13 - Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally got some primer on it today, so topcoat shouldn't be too far away.
Not alot of info on Aussie Airacobras so I will probably go for OD on the top and Sky Blue underneath.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• P9110298.jpg
    P9110298.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 132
  • P9110294.jpg
    P9110294.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 153
  • P9110297.jpg
    P9110297.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 157
Looks good Mike but just an observation mate, are the wing joints okay as they look to have a bit of a ridge in the pics.

The shadow in the picture makes them look worse than the are.
It wasn't a bad fit the where fuselage fillet meets the wing.
See how it goes when I do the top coat and paint the wing walks
cheers

Good stuff Hub! The Red Roo book on RAAF P-39's shows a picture of A53-13 in olive drab over RAAF sky blue. Where the two colours meet on the wing leading edge is also wavy, not the standard straight line.

Good stuff Hub! The Red Roo book on RAAF P-39's shows a picture of A53-13 in olive drab over RAAF sky blue. Where the two colours meet on the wing leading edge is also wavy, not the standard straight line.

Thanks Andy
The instructions show a wavy line on the fuselage but don't mention the wing leading edge.
The only photo I could find had a row of guys standing right in front of the wing :cry:.
I would have thought they would have mentioned the book as a reference in their instruction sheet :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back