**** DONE: 1/48 RAE SE.5a From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Vic. That's the way I've been doing it, only without the calipres. Thought maybe you'd found a new, 'soopadoopa' way of doing it easier!
And yes, anyone bringing a metal detector into my place would get a lot of small 'pings' from a myriad of lost bits of tube!

I remember a pretty nifty trick a jewlery maker showed me, you put a nylon over the tube on the vaccuum and it catches up those little bits that the carpet monster gets.

Nice start Vic. I like the looks of bi-planes but swore off them after my one attempt became land-fill. Can't even remember the manufacturer (Encore 1/48 ?) but I recall it seemed more flash than model.

Geo

Thanks for the comments guys, and yes Wayne, bits pinging all over the place and a carpet full of glitter when the sun hits it.

Picked up that nylon idea a couple of months back Paul, trouble is the Dyson also sucks up the nylon and she who must be obeyed.................let's just say I was on rationing!!!

Even a Dyson wouldn't work on my carpet - there's more bits of plastic, wire, brass and sanding dust than carpet pile! If I ever replace the carpet, it won't be taken to the dump - it'll be 'weighed in' for scrap value!

Thanks for looking in folks.

Made a little progress today after having revised my original plan on the wood. Looking at some details on the aircraft I realised that most of what I was going to try and duplicate in a wood looking paint was actually material in a linen colour.

Anyway, here is where I'm up to.

20121105-1c.jpg

20121105-1b.jpg

20121105-1a.jpg

I found the instrument panel quite a pain, more so than usual as it's so small at times I thought I was working in 1/72 scale.

20121105-1d.jpg

20121105-1e.jpg

The panel looks good :) its hard to work when the panel gets smaller :D

Its turning out very cool indeed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back