**** DONE: 1/48 RAE SE.5a From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I thought I was pretty clear?

Have to look back and see where you got the loopy thingies, and the wire.

Bill, them loopy thingies are Bob's Buckles:

Bob's Buckles

Come in 1/48 and 1/32 scale and are bloody tiny.

As for the wire, it's invisible thread but in silver rather than transparent. You can pick it up at 'Lincraft' or 'Spotlight' any good haberdashery store near you

Omg thats what those things are, I'm so going to order if my hobby shop doesn't have them, very cool :D

Thanks for all the kind words folks, sticking all them pins in you's all must have worked…………………just kidding, though the plugging of the holes with wire seems to have worked ok.

So here it is all primed and painted, all I got to do now is all the fiddly bits like the wing struts, wheel legs and such which need a paint before adding. But I think I'll tackle the aircraft with a bit of weathering, give it a gloss coat or two and do the decals first.

This was how it stood after yesterdays effort.

20121108-1a.jpg

Here we have today's input which was good with paint and Future drying very quick.

20121109-1a.jpg

20121109-1b.jpg

Last edited:
Rigging soon?
Nice. I always wondered why the underside of the fuselage on British WW1 aircraft was painted green.

Looking good so far Vic. I really must get back to my old Smer SE5 - forgot about it, as it's been hiding under a poly bag to keep the dust off !

Thanks for the kind words folks. I've been working on all the fiddly bits these last couple of days, there all done so outside of decaling, I'm just going to have to get on with that rigging. Gives me the shakes just thinking of it……………………………where's Johnny Walker when you need him.

Anyway, here are some pics to tickle your fancy.
All the odd bits primed and ready.

20121111-1a.jpg

Me bird which has had some very subtle weathering, you can't see it though in this light, but it is primed for decals.

20121111-1b.jpg

20121111-1c.jpg

Them woody bits that hold up the wing.

20121111-1d.jpg

And the wooden prop, kind of pleased with this.

20121111-1e.jpg

20121111-1g.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back