**** DONE: 1/48 RAE SE.5a From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm getting twitchy just looking at that. By the way, you miscounted. There are a total of 65 "loopy things" that you'll need to address, the last one being you when you're done!

Great stuff Vic. Even with my penchant for detail, I'm not sure I'd be trying that.

Thanks again guys, and yes I've still got my faculties about me despite making up the rest of the rigging connectors today.

If I'm not wrong, a good number of you are waiting to see how it all comes together so before packing in for the day I secured some of the rigging strands to the lower wing today.

20121114-1a.jpg

20121114-1b.jpg

Not sure what tomorrow will bring, but let's hope some good results.

what you aren't finished ?

i thinks they are going to look very realistic Vic, though you have convinced me never ever ever to touch any model kit with more than one set of wings !!!!

damn i really wanted a Gladiator, CR42 and Hs 123

You mentioned crimping just in passing on one of your posts Bill and I thought, what a great idea and that is just what I have done.

Thanks for the tips :) Now all we have to do is apply this lesson :D Easier said than done :D

Very impressive! And equally scarry.
And thanking Glenn Curtiss that the wires on that R3C-2 I'm building had all the turnbuckles hidden. Wow, what a job you have done!
I'll say it again, Very impressive!

Trust me... when I get around to the rigging for the F3F, it will be a hellova lot simpler. Good job, Vic !

Charles

Thanks for the comments guys. I've spent much time fiddling yet again today, got to a stage where I had so many wires hanging from the machine that it was just one big tangle which took some sorting out.

I decided at this stage, after getting the rigging attached on the bottom wing just on the port side, that it would be prudent of me to sort out the tail unit before going much further. This in itself was a bit of a challenge and also a test in seeing if my idea worked. Well I'll leave that to you folks to decide.

20121115-1a.jpg

20121115-1b.jpg

20121115-1c.jpg

20121115-1d.jpg

I believe the level in your bottle would be very similar to the level in my bottle after attempting one loopy thing. Patience is a virtue Mr. Balshaw. Very nice.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back