**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire Mk XII - OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB-2015.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys. I'm off to Toronto on a road trip again til Tuesday so there'll be no progress on this one til next week. I've since scrubbed up the above areas and they're starting to look much better.

Betwixt dicking around with my Lightning mold today, I got my MkXII ready for a primer coat. The dark grey that you see is what's left of a trial coat of leftover paint from a paint session on my Hurricane that I sprayed on the seams to check them out. It's since been wet sanding off and some is left in the panel lines, which I don't mind since I want to make these a little less prominent.

15020801.jpg

At the moment, I'm not satisfied with the fit of the windscreen to the fuselage as it seems slightly too narrow. I'll post pics later when I get round to a fix.

So I'll throw in an update here as I've been pecking at this one on and off. As mentioned above, I wasn't completely happy with the fit of the windscreen. This only became evident when I sprayed the cockpit green colour. Though not too bad, I felt that the fix would be fairly easy.

15022001.jpg
15022002.jpg

The canopy was easily removed and the fuselage thinned slightly and sanded smooth. After a few trial fits, the canopy was reattached and a coat of primer was applied to test the fit and seal any gaps. Just a tiny bit of tidy up needed before the final coat goes on. You'll also see a bit of preshading applied.

15022701.jpg
15022702.jpg

Here's the prop all painted up and awaiting a gloss coat for decal application. The kit blades are very thick and I did file them down quite a bit already but they could have stood some more.

15022703.jpg

After painting and masking the yellow wing leading edges and the Sky band on the rear fuselage, the underside was preshaded on got its coat of Medium Sea Grey.

15022704.jpg

And you're now up to date. Thanks for sneaking a peek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back