**** DONE: 1/48 Ta 154 Moskito - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A good goat ,Vic But still the same mistake appears. What for has the putty been applied at flap areas? It hasn't been needed there in my opinion.

Thanks folks for the kind support and in answer to your question Wojetk, there was also a bit of a step problem on the upper wing root, the wing being just slightly higher than the fuselage join area, this is actually what can be seen in the third picture post 155. So filler was required to even the overall surface area, then I just re-scribed the flap and will possibly just run a light scribe along the wing root for effect, but feel free to comment if you feel this is not needed.

And for the latest we now have the camo on and protected with a couple coats of 'one go'. I will give it another couple coats tomorrow and then we can start doing some decal work.

Thanks gents for the kind words. Managed to get a couple of protective clear coats on yesterday and also a start on some navigation lights. I was none to impressed with the little blobs on the wing tips or tail fin so took those off quite early on in the build.

Using stretched clear sprue I have created a couple of tiny tube lights for the wings and a small blob for the tail.

These have been micro drilled and a touch of the Tamiya semi clear paint added in the hole in respective colours.

Each wing tip has been drilled to house the lights and here we have a test fit on the stbd side. So far so good, but as yet I've not pushed the light all the way home as they will not be fitted until later in the build.

One problem I have come across are the UHU nose antenna, I keep busting one off so I'm contemplating drilling out each antenna rod and making some of my own from thin steel rod and cable sleeve.

Until the next update

Users who are viewing this thread