**** DONE: 1/48 Tornado F3 - Home Country Modern Aircraft / Spitfire Mark GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much Paul, Hugh and Bruce. I had hoped to get some more done and post some pics, but I've spent literally hours trying to sort out my e-mail account, which has been blocked due to hacking/spam. Can't get past the first stage of the 'Help' system, due to the stupid system, so have created a new account, and waiting to be connected to the 'Help' thing to retrieve my 'old' account - and now the 'Hotmail' server has a bl**dy problem!
Why is computer logic so bl**dy illogical ?!!!

Cheers mate! I've finally, just a few minutes ago, cured the e-mail problem, so now I can get back to some modelling - seven bl**dy hours late!

You're doing a great job Terry and bringing back nightmare memories. The Italeri kit is much better but still needs work but I wonder what the Hobby Boss kit is like, I think that is what I'd look for if doing another Tornado.

Thanks very much Bill.
Vic, I was thinking of the Hobby Boss kit, after I got the Airfix kit. However, having read some reviews, and seen a couple of build features, I would go with the Italeri kit.
The HB is inaccurate in a number of areas, glaringly so, and, although there are lots of features, such as separate flaps, slats, extra stores etc, you pay for this, and still have to do some drastic surgery.
The Italeri kit, although it will need a little extra effort, is much. much, much better than the Airfix and, given the above mentioned points on the HB kit, is, I think, the best option - and is considerably cheaper, an can be had for less than the last RRP of the Airfix kit at some outlets.

A little progress to show, but not much.
PIC 1. The nose wheel leg has been cleaned up, removing heavy mould lines, and some wiring added, working from photos taken at Elvington. The two vertical springs have been added from stretched sprue, and the towing brackets from flattened stretched sprue.
PIC 2. First stage of painting, and the lamp painted and glazed, with the 'Kristal Klear' not yet fully cleared. Some touch up will be done, a few small details re-painted, then the assembly gloss coated.
PIC 3. First stage of adding the wing sweep pneumatic seals. These have been made from strips of metal foil from a pain killers pack, textured with the point of a cocktail stick, and await trimming and painting.
Thanks once again for your kind comments and encouragement (needed in this build!), and I'll post another up-date soon.

Attachments

• Tornado GB 359.jpg
    Tornado GB 359.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Tornado GB 362.jpg
    Tornado GB 362.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Tornado GB 369.jpg
    Tornado GB 369.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 72
Thanks very much chaps. Still slowly plodding along - trying to get rid of a headache though - this bl**dy wet weather and heavy pressure is doing my head in !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back